Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 01:23 PM

6,957 posts, read 22,302,067 times

Advertisements

From my perspective all of the towns along 99 are cookie cutter look-alikes with the only difference being how long they have been on the growth curve. Modesto in the 70's looked a lot like Cere's or Turlock does now. Tracy has just sprawled. The only way I can tell which city I'm driving through is the freeway signs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2008, 12:41 AM

1 posts, read 3,829 times
snogirl-- I live in Ripon any questions let me know.

Old 02-05-2008, 05:07 AM

43 posts, read 209,037 times
Ripon,

We can't do anything until we sell here in MI. Things are going slow and my DH and I are being miserable being apart. DH has been looking around the area, but I don't think he's been to Ripon yet...any suggestions where he should start to look-or rather stay away from-he's just riding around trying to get a feel for different areas. When I come out in March to visit, he will have various areas narrowed down to show me. Thanks for any suggesions. We may buy or just rent a home for a year.

Old 02-18-2008, 12:28 PM

1 posts, read 3,800 times
Default Living in Ripon

Snogirl -

Email me @ drpepperdude18 at hotmail dot com. We are a young family with 2 kids and we have lived in Ripon for 2 years. Ripon is not a big place and it's a great community to live in. The major draw back is cost. Ripon is very pricey for homes. Let me know what specifics you may want to know. I can also tell you a great church to visit (I'm the preacher there ). Hope I can help.

Old 03-04-2008, 10:07 AM

3 posts, read 11,301 times
Hi
We are moving to Ripon. I am just wondering how hard it is to get into Parkview Elementary as that is the neighborhood we will be moving into. I am debating on taking him out of his old school right now and placing him in the Ripon School District or waiting till next fall to place him. I know there are waitning lists for each school. If he does not get into Parkview, would his chances be greater if goes to school there now opposed to waiting till next fall assuming he would be placed on a waiting list right now which would carry over until next fall. In the midst of all this, hopefully by being on the waiting list during the summer he might have a better chance of getting into Parkview. Gosh, I hope I am not confusing anyone. HELP!!!! I need advice. I don't want him to be bounced back and forth as well.
Thank you so much!!!!!!

Old 03-04-2008, 10:08 AM

Default Need Help Understanding How Ripon Schools Work

Hi
We are moving to Ripon. I am just wondering how hard it is to get into Parkview Elementary as that is the neighborhood we will be moving into. I am debating on taking him out of his old school right now and placing him in the Ripon School District or waiting till next fall to place him. I know there are waitning lists for each school. If he does not get into Parkview, would his chances be greater if goes to school there now opposed to waiting till next fall assuming he would be placed on a waiting list right now which would carry over until next fall. In the midst of all this, hopefully by being on the waiting list during the summer he might have a better chance of getting into Parkview. Gosh, I hope I am not confusing anyone. HELP!!!! I need advice. I don't want him to be bounced back and forth as well.
Thank you so much!!!!!!

Old 03-04-2008, 10:09 AM

Default Need Help Understanding How Ripon Schools Work

Hi
We are moving to Ripon. I am just wondering how hard it is to get into Parkview Elementary as that is the neighborhood we will be moving into. I am debating on taking him out of his old school right now and placing him in the Ripon School District or waiting till next fall to place him. I know there are waitning lists for each school. If he does not get into Parkview, would his chances be greater if he goes to school there now opposed to waiting till next fall assuming he would be placed on a waiting list right now which would carry over until next fall. In the midst of all this, hopefully by being on the waiting list during the summer he would have a better chance of getting into Parkview. Gosh, I hope I am not confusing anyone. HELP!!!! I need advice. I don't want him to be bounced back and forth as well.
Thank you so much!!!!!!

Old 05-26-2008, 05:07 PM

9 posts, read 36,750 times
Ripon is a nice, clean but very, very white town. There is virtually no gang presence. The public schools are excellent. The police are straight out of Hollywood's vison of small town cops. You have to go to Manteca, Modesto, or Riverbank to do any real shopping or to see a movie. It is surrounded by farms and orchards; some very successful some not, but somehow it is not as depressing as say Tracy or Modesto.

Old 02-26-2009, 10:27 AM

1 posts, read 3,240 times
Ripon is a beautiful town of hard working traditional individuals. Those that have resided there for a long time(like myself) take great pride in calling themselves "Riponites" It is a wonderful place to raise children, and make a home. There are good schools, parks, and other places to keep ones self entertained. If you are looking to leave that big city vibe, and find a nice quiet safe place to live Ripon is definetly the place for you.

Old 02-26-2009, 01:06 PM

378 posts, read 625,994 times
I go to Ripon occasionally, yes it is nice. There are some very nice neighborhoods there. The people seem friendly. There's a Starbucks, Wal-Greens and some other stores. The only downside to Ripon is you'll probably want something a bit better, there isn't that much to do and is surrounded by fields, though there's a freeway right next to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California