Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 11:06 AM

10 posts, read 24,049 times

Advertisements

I too have experienced the same thing in Twin Falls. I embrace the diversity in religious beliefs. I don't care if you are Muslim, Christian, Hindu, Jewish etc. only that you are a good kind person. But if you are going to wave your faith in the face of others then you'd better live a life above reproach. I can't stand the hypocrites that pretend to be so pious and yet shun non Mormons (LDS) and show by their actions that they do not live the Christian lifestyle. I know this first hand, as my cousin lives in Utah, is LDS and I visited her for a long weekend. Foul mouthed, unkind, uncouth, racist, beer drinking but big in the church. When I asked about the Mormon religion, she went on with all the dogma for over an hour and she believes she and her family are good Mormons and the chosen people. Being kind to people no matter what faith, sexual orientation etc., is a Christian, or really, a humane way to live your life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 04:12 PM

278 posts, read 1,139,242 times
This has been kind of fun reading. I have said many of the same things said here in the past in other post. I did live in Idaho for over ten years after moving there from California. There was a lot of work then but no real pay and or what I would call real benefits.

I also was fired from a job because I was not of the right religious faith and refused to work free over time to support that faith
Most average couples I knew in Boise needed both working a full time job and at lest a bit of a side income to make it more then check to check. This was during a good economic time when employment was extremely low to the point there were not enough workers to fill all the job openings. So Yes lower pay then most want to belive.

Attitudes of Idaho people to Californians that is a topic in it’s self. Now not all are bad fact most are okay to your face! There are enough bad ones that you do have to be a bit careful of what you say like were you’re from ECT.
When we first moved there the car was spat on because of the Calif plates. We were told to get our plates changed ASAP to stop things like that because most in Idaho hate people from Calif. This was back in 1992! I no longer live in Idaho but during a vista in late 2007 the very same thing happened to my car it to was spat on. Things still have not changed in that area over the years. Yes not all are like this but too many are!
I did find and still do most in Idaho do not want to admit they have any problems not caused by California’s. They also do not want to admit there was / is gang activity in there town but they would talk about it in other towns.
I do know when I moved there back in 1992 a lot of people did not lock there homes when they left but they do now days. That alone tells you some thing. My son tells me about all the drugs and crime that happens in Boise area and it is not just Boise but also the out laying towns.
I have had many good interactions with people from Idaho and many bad ones as well.
I know from living there and to this day reading here and listening still to friends that the hate California attitude is as strong as ever if not stronger now then back then.
Just read a lot of the post about people moving from California to Idaho and you get a good feeling of what you will face when there some good and some well out spoken in your face of how its all your fault even thou you just got there.
In the end I hope you find utopia after all that’s what were all looking for and just can not seam to find.

Last edited by huntman58; 05-01-2009 at 04:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California