Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 12:00 AM

2 posts, read 23,357 times

Advertisements

I also saw the $400,000 House post. One comment on that. Yeah Right!!! The housing market is crap!! Now for $400,000 you can get a mansion.

Plus, we are in a drought. Which means, Pee in the toilet 5 times before flushing. This happens about every 10 years.

Not to say a lot of bad things about fairfield, but If I were you, and I had the information I have now, I would never have moved here. But like above, since the housing market has crahsed, I cant move, because 95% of the people here (including me) owe more on our houses than we can sell for, which also leaves many abondoned houses.

Ok, I'll stop now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 03:25 PM

109 posts, read 388,150 times
Go to Corona instead, dirt cheap! Just get yourself a helicopter to avoid the long journies its takes to get to civilisation <.<

Old 06-05-2008, 11:16 AM

3,980 posts, read 8,987,173 times
I don't think that Fairfield is the best place to relocate (it's gotten really scary over the years) although there are nicer parts on the west side called "Green Valley". Vacaville is a better choice as is Davis (Davis is a lot more expensive for homes ,however). Take a look into the towns of Benicia and Pleasant Hill - not too far from the areas you are interested in.

Old 06-08-2008, 10:27 AM

136 posts, read 548,837 times
I grew up in Vacaville and my family is still there. Fairfield wasn't a prime location even back then, I would avoid it now. Vacaville is a much better choice, in my opinion.

Old 09-02-2008, 04:30 PM

1 posts, read 6,959 times
Default Fairfield, CA....no! no! no!

I agree with snowbird. I have lived in Fairfield for the past 40 yrs. We are planning to relocate, but the housing market is bad right now.

The people who have posted on this thread that Fairfield is ok must be joking!!

There is little I can add to the great outline provided by snowbird....other than that one of City Council members, was shot in the head and killed last night by a drive by gang shooter. Our City Council has been trying to do something about the HORRIBLE gang and crime problem in Fairfield.

Crime is very high, the schools are unsafe. I would NOT put a child in this area at all!!

Trust me, you will really regret it if you settle in Fairfield. Vacaville is 12 miles north and a bit better, but it will be there before long. The Vacaville Police Dept are more tough so the hooligans come to Fairfield.

Davis and Napa are better communities, especially Davis because of the University I think.

A house in the $400,000 range would more than likely be in a gang infested neighborhood.

Please, for your family's sake reconsider your city selection!!!

Old 09-02-2008, 11:07 PM

1,197 posts, read 4,782,438 times
Davis would be a great choice, but I don't know about getting a house for 400k. It is a great college town with a family atmosphere and great schools. Also very commuteable to Sacramento.

Old 09-03-2008, 03:30 PM

36,655 posts, read 67,506,468 times
Of all the towns you mentioned in the first post, Davis really is the best option in my opinion because its just cooler(and i dont mean weatherwise)-LOL

Otherwise, are you adverse to somewhere closer to SF? $400K is going to be a huge challenge though.

Old 09-03-2008, 03:45 PM

3,722 posts, read 14,722,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairywench View Post
I also saw the $400,000 House post. One comment on that. Yeah Right!!! The housing market is crap!! Now for $400,000 you can get a mansion.
I wrote that back in Jan before the housing market started it's downward spiral. Now you can get a nice house for $400K and probably for much less.

Old 05-25-2009, 12:13 PM

1 posts, read 5,671 times
I lived in Fairfield for 3 years..I was on a golf course (Rancho Solano) and I really loved it. so the choice or the west side of I-80 is fine. Gordon Valley, Green valley and the beautiful drive over the hill to Napa was wonderful. I really did love it and miss it. I loved being so close to San Franciso, Napa, Sonoma. I think now you could get a nice home for 400,000.00 I have to say that I did not have children, I have to think that the public school system would not be very good. I did move due to work 10 years ago but still visit neighbors who seem very happy at Rancho Solano. a privite school if you can do it would be better. Good luck to you. California is a fun and beautiful place to live. I am now in Southern CA in La Quinta, It is awesome as is San Diego.

Old 01-15-2010, 02:00 PM

2 posts, read 8,047 times
psNearby Suisun is a flood zone with marsh lands beware!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California