Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2007, 11:48 PM

1 posts, read 4,962 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I accidentally found your website by searching for the dangerous area in SFV and I really love this place. You guys are very nice and helpful!

I'm Thai who will be studying at CSUN, Northridge for the next year and currently looking for a place to stay. I had a look at places in Northridge and didn't like any of them. As I've done my research, I've found that so far Tarzana and Encino are nice areas and not too far from school so I don't have to commute that much. However, I'd like to know if there's any other nice area which is of course, not too far from school or at least I can get to school from there within 30 minutes. I'd love to be in somewhere safe and has a good transportation. I will have a car but there will be some time that I have to take bus to school too. If you could also tell me about any kind of taxi service available in the area, that'd be great.

My budget is around $1,000-$1,500. I'm kinda surprised that most of the rooms available are all unfurnished because from where I am, you usually get the nice furnished room with this kind of price. However, I understand the fact of cost of living difference and that it's LA.

I'd really appreciate all of your help answering me this question. I'll be getting there around Christmas and would love to find a decent place to live before the school starts. Hope you guys can give me some clues where the good places would be at!

Thanks a lot! ^^*
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2007, 09:18 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,748,294 times
I went to CSUN 1979-86.

Tarzana and Encino, Sherman Oaks, Woodland Hills, Calabasas are still not that close to CSUN but they are pretty nice areas - and probably more expensive than Northridge, Chatsworth and Granada Hills. While they are not too far in miles they are a long way in minutes because there are so many traffic lights encountered while traversing the SF Valley.

From Northridge look north (Northridge, Granada Hills) and west (Chatsworth). Still, I would think you could find something decent in Northridge, Chatsworth, and Granada Hills - and if I were you I would continue to look in these areas.

That's about it. Anything else is getting too far (Simi Valley, Agoura, Thousand Oaks, Moorpark) or is in a less desirable neighborhood (Van Nuys, Reseda, Sylmar, Canoga Park).

Old 11-26-2007, 04:19 PM

708 posts, read 688,005 times
Charles gavesome great advace but i wouldnt move out to Thousand Oaks Agoura over there, the only reason why is the 101 freeway in the morning is awful! Tho they are beautiful places, if you willing to make the drive and afford the area go for it but if you wanna stay closer to campus, I'd say like Charles said, Encino (ive lived there) Tarzana, Sherman Oaks can still pretty expensive...again all places Cali mostly have there expensive places but just keep looking!

GOOD LUCK!

Old 11-27-2007, 10:18 PM

130 posts, read 524,508 times
if you can afford it, how about the warner center area around woodland hills?

Old 11-28-2007, 06:26 AM

26,329 posts, read 93,748,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleword View Post
if you can afford it, how about the warner center area around woodland hills?
That's not a bad place at all, upscale, lots of little restaurants, shopping, semi-cosmopolitan, and expensive....though it is on the very edge of her 30 minute commute requirement. Like I wrote before, even though it is only about ten miles away, it takes a long time to move through all those intersections from WH to CSUN, especially at rush hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California