Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 10:27 PM

12,776 posts, read 14,987,827 times

Advertisements

Just curious, which is best of these to do for Halloween for 2 adults in their 30s? I've NEVER been to ANY haunted house type place or Halloween-themed amusement park. I'm thinking of trying it this year...maybe. I do have a bad ankle & don't want to be running all over the place to run away from monsters chasing me.

Share your comments!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2013, 06:28 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,046,521 times
Oh, please, those are for kiddies and wussies. If you want the scary adult version, you've got to drive to Thousand Oaks and see The Reign of Terror. It's the best in SoCal and has been named one of the 10 scariest in the US! It was started by a local Hollywood set designer who tricked out his own suburban tract house (the whole house...he and his family stayed in a motel until Halloween was over!), until the lines and traffic in the residential cul-de-sac got out of hand, and it was moved to a commercial location a few miles away.

Adults only.

Event | ROT Haunted House
Haunted House in Los Angeles, California Reign of Terror Haunted House

Old 09-26-2013, 06:36 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,845,334 times
That's indeed a good one, but I would still give Knott's a look. Unless they've pussed out.

Old 09-26-2013, 07:10 PM

12,776 posts, read 14,987,827 times
Thanks for the comments. I was just curious. I've never been interested in haunted housese before, but there's always a first for everything!

Old 09-27-2013, 11:45 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Do you live in North Orange County/East L.A. County/Long Beach(Knott's), Los Angeles/South Bay and East SFV(Universal Studios), or North and West SFV/Santa Clarita Valley(Magic Mountain)?

Old 09-27-2013, 12:34 PM

Here are a few suggestions for Haunted stuff in L.A.:

The best haunted houses and attractions in Los Angeles

This is a good one:

Old Town Haunt

This haunted house takes place in one of the oldest buildings still standing in Pasadena's Old Town. Descend, if you dare, into the basement of the historical Union Savings Bank building. Is it haunted? Perhaps: During the time the bank was open, reports of blood-curdling screams and odors of decay were reported with regularity. The basement has been sealed off for years... until now. If that isn't intriguing enough, as an added bonus the walk-through is decorated with sets from movies—such as House of 1,000 Corpses and Haunted Mansion—and TV shows, including Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and, inexplicably, Crank Yankers. Enjoy!

Old 09-27-2013, 01:12 PM

1,319 posts, read 2,197,631 times
Dark Harbor in The Queen Mary is pretty spooky.

Old 09-27-2013, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yby1 View Post
Dark Harbor in The Queen Mary is pretty spooky.
Indeed!

Old 09-28-2013, 09:26 PM

728 posts, read 1,900,147 times
Knott's Halloween Haunt has been doing this for nearly 40 years so they have this all down to a science. They have several mazes in different themes and they change it up almost yearly so every year they always have something new. They also feature different shows such as the famous "Hanging" event in which they take seriously funny jabs at pop culture events and celebrities from the past year and it's very entertaining. They strongly discourage bringing anyone younger than 13 to the event since most of the mazes and "scare zones" are too intense for kids. They even redecorate two of their famous attractions, the Calico Mine Ride and the Log Ride into scarier versions for the event.

If you do decide on Knott's I highly recommend going on a Thursday night if you can and try and go early in the season. Friday and Saturday nights tend to get very crowded especially the closer you get towards the end of the month. I tend to go the second Thursday of October and the crowds are much lighter and you have plenty of time to see all the mazes and shows.

Old 09-29-2013, 08:27 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,617,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Blue View Post
I do have a bad ankle & don't want to be running all over the place to run away from monsters chasing me.
Knotts is the best bang for money. The walking is all flat land. They have calmed the fright done since I started seeing it in the 70's. No more touching the guests. They do have a great time. My wife worked there till recently and she was even scared a few times back stage. She said nothing scares her now after seeing Frankensteins Monster smoking a cigarette and eating fries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California