Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 04:54 PM

8,452 posts, read 15,063,550 times

Advertisements

Arizona still treats marijuana possession as a felony. A FELONY. Texas is also not decriminalized. This is just one example of the regressive laws in those states.

Nevada, too much focus on gambling. Not much else there. Washington, too dark and rainy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2013, 05:19 PM

211 posts, read 334,076 times
Quote:
Nevada, too much focus on gambling. Not much else there.
50,000,000 acres of wild land, hundreds of mountain ranges, high altitude lakes, elk herds, permanent snowfields, trout streams, aspen forests, grand canyons, a land of grand emptiness, in one of the 300 mountain ranges, there is a cave so large a Blackhawk helicopter can be flown into it and landed. Nevada is, America's last best place. California too, has tens of millions of acres of wild land, land empty of people. The West is the place to be.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:30 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,891,300 times
Federal Witness Relocation Peogram.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:34 PM

13,044 posts, read 13,891,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post

More celebrity chefs per capita than anywhere else in the country. World Class entertainment. Adult Disneyland. Cost of living is the square root of its counterpart in CA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-03-2013, 05:47 PM

211 posts, read 334,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
More celebrity chefs per capita than anywhere else in the country. World Class entertainment. Adult Disneyland. Cost of living is the square root of its counterpart in CA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not accurate, but typical. When Californians think of Nevada, they think of Las Vegas and sometimes Reno. Real Nevadans, that is rural Nevadans think no better of Los Vegans or Renoites than they do of Californians.

Cost of living is about the same actually. Unless you live in a dump, and there are lots of dumps, if cheap is what motivates you.

It is true that the government is not as obtrusive, which is why if you wreck your truck on a Nevada road you can expect to wait a couple of hours of an ambulance manned by volunteers who get a couple rolls a month, if you live through that, then you get a four hour ride in that ambulance to a good ER.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:57 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,988,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportyandMisty View Post
More celebrity chefs per capita than anywhere else in the country. World Class entertainment. Adult Disneyland.
So I can expect celebrity chefs & world class entertainment on my next trip through Fernley?

Old 07-03-2013, 07:35 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,655,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StandingLenticular View Post
Inland California is also home to the Trinity Alps, The Sierras, the Shasta Cascades, The San Bernardino and San Jacintos, Joshua Tree, and Death Valley. You get these, with only a few hours drive to the ocean.
^^^This. My mom lived in Riverside and I actually like it - some parts are better than others of course. It's close to Big Bear, which I love. San Diego is easy to get to on the 15. Fresno is close to Sequoia/Kings Canyon and Yosemite - some of the most beautiful places anywhere. Stockton isn't far from SF.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:00 PM

37,155 posts, read 42,278,198 times
Before Texas and Arizona for sure, maybe on Nevada (I do like the Tahoe area) but Washington is fine, I'd go there.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:15 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,915,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
So I can expect celebrity chefs & world class entertainment on my next trip through Fernley?
Gaaack! Is it possible? More than Arvin?

Old 07-03-2013, 08:21 PM

3,477 posts, read 6,521,898 times
Why? I was born and raised here, I have family here, its home and I like it. One's decision as to where to live doesn't always have to revolve about the lowest tax rate or how one feels about California's governance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California