Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 07:34 AM

796 posts, read 1,163,597 times

Advertisements

No hand-held cellphone while driving

No smoking or open fire at mountains and forest (signs everywhere in Southern California)

Keep right | Pass left

Right turn on red after full stop permitted unless a sign says you cannot

No trucks in left lane if posted

Seatbelt must be worn

Last edited by OneLess; 05-15-2013 at 07:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2013, 07:39 AM

796 posts, read 1,163,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
2) You can text or make phone calls while driving.
Absolutely WRONG! No hand-held cell phone while driving (except emergency calls to 911)

Old 05-15-2013, 07:44 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,978,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLess View Post
No smoking or open fire at mountains and forest
Wrong. Depends on where and when. Perhaps you need to familiarize yourself with California before you attempt to advise others from across the continent.

Old 05-15-2013, 09:07 AM

6,957 posts, read 22,328,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Wrong. Depends on where and when. Perhaps you need to familiarize yourself with California before you attempt to advise others from across the continent.
Agreed!

Old 05-15-2013, 09:11 AM

8,337 posts, read 13,477,232 times
You'd only have to worry about the ones that make very little or no sense!

Old 05-15-2013, 09:23 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,978,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneLess View Post

No smoking or open fire at mountains and forest (signs everywhere in Southern California)
I see you added this after I issued my spanking to you. Once again, depends on where and when. Familiarize yourself with the General Fire Restrictions in place for the various National Forests of So Cal.

Old 05-15-2013, 09:51 AM

19,226 posts, read 16,739,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyskies View Post
er uhm thanks that's kinda a lot to read though LOL. I'm just trying to figure out like general laws. you say use common sense and courtesy and you'll be fine and that's great but I'm looking for something more practical.

I read for example that you can't smoke anywhere near a beach. I'm on a budget here so I not want to go around breaking laws to be fined all my money that I need to support myself. lol

Is there a more realistic list I can read instead of something that's 200,000 pages?

If you're on a budget, you shouldn't be worrying about whether you can smoke near a beach. You can't afford the price of cigarettes any way.

I have to ask, just where is it you live anyway? California laws aren't that much different from any other place in the country. You spell pretty well so you've learned to read and write. Your use of words like "er" and "uhm" are somewhat juvenile, so I'd guess you're probably around 16 years old which makes me question whether this is an authentic question or just a prank. Sorry but your initial inquiry sounds like you're yanking our chain here. I know when I'm being punked. Gotta give you credit though, you got people to take the bait.

Old 05-15-2013, 10:19 AM

7,150 posts, read 10,909,043 times
I assume we are talking California laws? Not just federal. Guessing also you are a woman? In which case it is against California law to drive in a housecoat.

And, if we are talking about specific places within California, it pays to research carefully or you might really run afoul of the local laws. For instance, if you plan to move to Blythe, CA, you are not permitted to wear cowboy boots unless you already own at least two cows.

These are actual examples of current laws on the books in California. You can look them up.

Old 05-15-2013, 11:23 AM

21,760 posts, read 16,393,825 times
I know that in Chico you can't detonate a nuclear device within the city limits. Specific law on that. Or are we just talking driving laws? Cause there's another law in Chico that says you can't drive a herd of cattle down the main street. Just tryin to be helpful here.

Old 05-15-2013, 11:34 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,512,077 times
Well, summa y'all's real lucky you ain't in MO 'cause its against the law here ta let an unaltered jackass run at large!

However, in Merryville:
-Women are prohibited from wearing corsets because "the privilege of admiring the curvaceous, unencumbered body of a young woman should not be denied to the normal, red-blooded American male."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of: