Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 11:01 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,411,427 times

Advertisements

Good. Then perhaps when they get here, they can teach you how to create a hyperlink in a post. Awesome, another company with a barely niche product that's about as worthless as all these stupid ad-based free apps.

Wake me up when some real tech innovators relocate to CA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2013, 11:07 AM

21,752 posts, read 16,378,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhugeLiang View Post
Good. Then perhaps when they get here, they can teach you how to create a hyperlink in a post. Awesome, another company with a barely niche product that's about as worthless as all these stupid ad-based free apps.

Cheerful news bothers you? You don't come across as a person others would care to wake up. Or were you just responding before coffee today?

Old 03-16-2013, 11:13 AM

4,236 posts, read 8,149,393 times
iPhone robot dog? No thanks. I rather disconnect and play with my low tech dog.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:14 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,911,104 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZhugeLiang View Post

LOL yeah. When I seen the OP get all giddy and tell everyone to "eat it", I thought hmmm, some new company who is creating a new class of battery with higher energy density is moving to California? Some biotech company with new cures for diseases is moving to California? After de-mangeling the link, find out it's some company which is putting wheels on an iPhone? Are you s******g me? This is why one should eat it? I literally laughed out loud when I seen their web site.

Actually I take this back. This web site made my day, I had the best laugh of the day with this one! Thanks!

Old 03-16-2013, 11:15 AM

30,440 posts, read 19,211,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
http://http://www.reviewjournal.com/...francisco-area

To all of the California haters:

EAT IT !!!!!
California is still benefitting greatly from Universities begun 100 plus years ago and research started in the 1940's and 50's. And yu still have the technical staff and venture capitalists that have kept things going. It will be intesting to see how much of that leading edge is maintained given the high cost and taxes but so far, it's still working.

My company, a Fortune 500 company, moved its hadquarters from California to Texas in the last 10 years. Although there are still plenty of jobs in Cali, it's decreasing each year and most employees, once they go elsewhere, don't want to jump back into the California high cost race....at least from most of the ones I've discussed this.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:48 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,911,104 times
Here's what a pet owner will expect to see with their remote iPhone on wheels (company which is coming to CA!) when their dog encounters it... Mmmm that's some tasty iPhone!

Down a Tiger's Throat - Incredible! - YouTube

Old 03-18-2013, 11:20 AM

3,049 posts, read 4,551,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
LOL yeah. When I seen the OP get all giddy and tell everyone to "eat it", I thought hmmm, some new company who is creating a new class of battery with higher energy density is moving to California? Some biotech company with new cures for diseases is moving to California? After de-mangeling the link, find out it's some company which is putting wheels on an iPhone? Are you s******g me? This is why one should eat it? I literally laughed out loud when I seen their web site.

Actually I take this back. This web site made my day, I had the best laugh of the day with this one! Thanks!
"Eat it" wasn't what I actually wanted to say , I had in mind something to do with oral copulation, but I always refrain from being that uncouth on a public forum...

The intent was definitely there on my part! Trust me. You habitual California bashers deserve it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by j[B
ZhugeLiang[/b];28694945] Good. Then perhaps when they get here, they can teach you how to create a hyperlink in a post. Awesome, another company with a barely niche product that's about as worthless as all these stupid ad-based free apps.

Perhaps . But your beef is with City-Data, not me. I used their "Insert Link" button on the top of the Advanced Reply to Thread. If the link doesn't show up, you could google it.

Old 03-18-2013, 11:50 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,913,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCSDays View Post
Eat what? Someone else's stupidity?

Let them cut their profits by 16 to 24 percent. Their choice. Bet the stockholders will be real happy, especially when one of them files a "negligent fiduciary responsibilty" law suit on them.

Can't wait to see it.
Their big problem is most of the tech skilled workers in the country are in California, that's right, most of them. So the company wants to move to some where else to save money but then it finds itself with a vastly smaller talent pool and thus unable to find good high skilled people needed to fill its vacancies. This happens in a lot of highly skilled professions. Yes, they can move a fast food company to Texas or where ever pretty easily but moving a real high tech firm is a whole other thing because there really is a shortage of skilled workers so you have to locate your business near where the skilled workers want to live.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:06 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,482,730 times
True...San Jose area is the top tech area in the country RIGHT NOW...

but industries do and can change over time, and that is important to keep in mind too.

California is ranked very low for business in general. Maybe the rankings don't mean much?..but they must mean something at least..

Old 03-21-2013, 09:06 AM

43 posts, read 79,587 times
I wouldn't want to start or try to grow a tech company in NV, either. You'd have to import all your talent... The concentration there in the San Jose area isn't because that's where everyone wants to live, but because that's where most of the businesses started, then the engineers migrated, and it compounds on itself.

Tech centers are all over the country, though. Top-tier is the Bay Area and Boston, then you have numerous other concentrations that'll give you better bang per buck, like Orange County/Los Angeles, the Research Triange in NC, Seattle, NYC/Northern NJ, Austin, Denver, and Portland. CA may have a poor business climate, but if you can't draw talent then you need to move near it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California