Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 12:01 PM

223 posts, read 281,432 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkman18 View Post
I can't understand why anyone would want to move to California? But I do understand why people want to move OUT of California, Why would I want to pay the rip of state BIG $$$$ to live with illegal Aliens?
Youre correct about ca being a rip off state.the govenor arnold ziffle is a greedy lying rat as well.But arkansas just dont sound too appealng to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2007, 12:21 PM

11,715 posts, read 40,463,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigco View Post
How much is a drivers license for an illegal alien?
To adapt a line from Blazing Saddles: "License? We don't need no stinkin' license!"

And now LAPD isn't even taking their cars when they catch them driving without a license.

Old 09-03-2007, 03:44 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,497,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james203 View Post
Youre correct about ca being a rip off state.the govenor arnold ziffle is a greedy lying rat as well.But Arkansas just dint sound too appealing to me.
It depends on what you are looking for, If you are looking for ghettos and gang banging Arkansas will not be for you. But if you love the outdoors and all the wildlife lakes and rivers maybe Arkansas will be for you,

Old 09-03-2007, 08:56 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,793,178 times
Quote:
It depends on what you are looking for, If you are looking for ghettos and gang banging Arkansas will not be for you. But if you love the outdoors and all the wildlife lakes and rivers maybe Arkansas will be for you,
Some people probably wouldn't dig on Arkansas. I would consider it.

Not sure if there are enough jobs - I couldn't move there if there if I couldn't find a job AND if I didn't have a Plan B and Plan C. Maybe there are. But I'd have to have jobs and backup jobs.

I'm sure there are nice places to live there.

For a fair comparison, I know Huntsville, AL has jobs and has nice places to live. I would live there.

Here's a quickee look at potential employment in aerospace out there.

boeing OR raytheon OR lockheed OR northrop loc: little rock, ar - Google Maps

Last edited by Charles; 09-03-2007 at 09:12 PM..

Old 09-03-2007, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Ark has some beautiful country & would be cheaper to live then ca.But i would think the wages are quite less in ark.Ark is home base of walmart.My favorite place to shop & the cheapest overall.heres a example of walmart.A 1 gallon can of roof sealer is over $15.00 at the local ace hardware store.At walmart the exact same product is $8.00.A cat scratcher is 11.00 at a local pet store on upper yucaipa blvd across from stater bros.At walmart the exact same item is $5.00.Shop walmart & not in town.You save a bundle.

Old 09-04-2007, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by james203 View Post
Ark has some beautiful country & would be cheaper to live then ca.But i would think the wages are quite less in ark.Ark is home base of walmart.My favorite place to shop & the cheapest overall.heres a example of walmart.A 1 gallon can of roof sealer is over $15.00 at the local ace hardware store.At walmart the exact same product is $8.00.A cat scratcher is 11.00 at a local pet store on upper yucaipa blvd across from stater bros.At walmart the exact same item is $5.00.Shop walmart & not in town.You save a bundle.
Their is a big Walmart supper store about miles from where I live, Shop their most of the time.

Old 09-04-2007, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorcerer68 View Post
You're right. I'd rather live in Arkansas. I'll start packing now.
Please don't, I am sure you will be much happier in Los Angeles,

Old 09-04-2007, 10:37 PM

38,909 posts, read 22,906,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRandy View Post
Personally, I think they should make retesting mandatory. Then if you don't pass both written and driving with a perfect score you should be failed and not issued a license. If this causes the fee to be doubled, tripled, or more to pay for the associated costs, so be it. There are a lot of people with absolutely no business being on the road.
If this state tests parallel parking skills as other states do with their driver's license road tests, I'd flunk for sure. I know how to do it in theory, but in practice, it's a whole different story.By the way, can anyone here parallel park with no problems on the first try?

Old 09-05-2007, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennismpat View Post
If this state tests parallel parking skills as other states do with their driver's license road tests, I'd flunk for sure. I know how to do it in theory, but in practice, it's a whole different story.By the way, can anyone here parallel park with no problems on the first try?
I hate parallel parking.I have scraped my tires quite a few times over the yrs.The white walls & raised white letter tires took a beating.Ill stick to blackwalls for now on.

Old 09-05-2007, 02:52 PM

1,482 posts, read 5,175,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennismpat View Post
I can but I'm in an area where you have to parallel park at least several times a day. I first got my drivers license in Thousand Oaks and when it came time to do the parallel parking portion of the test they had me do it on a street without any cars. Talk about being too easy. They should have at least set up some cones or something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California