Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 01:14 PM

457 posts, read 1,182,427 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by a34dadsf View Post
Yea, that's called crony capitalism. Its all special interest non sense. I say we should eliminate it all. Also you can't blame conservatives for corporate welfare. Democrats/liberals are also in the game as well. Renewable energy subsides, high speed rail, ethanol subsidies the list goes on and on. Everyone is fighting over what to spend the money on. Why are they fighting? because when they spend the money (on their projects) they get lobbyist money.

That's the thing with the whole conservative vs liberal debates. The more you study both movements the more you realize that they are fundamentally the same. Conservatives want business welfare. Liberals want social welfare. So who I am suppose to vote for if I want no welfare? Both movements support big government pushing their agenda. Who I am suppose to vote for if I want smaller, limited government? Not much choices.

Both democrats/republicans need to stop the welfare non sense. It only distorts economic efficiency and pours billions into programs that don't make economic sense. If they did, free-market for-profit investors would put the capital up to build the project to make money.
You're right but you put "conservative" where "Republican" should be. Most "conservatives" want small government and less oversight.

Republicans and Democrats are for the most part one in the same. Conservatives are not always Republicans in my opinion. Bush was not a conservative for example. Bush was clearly a big government Republican. I prefer not to be tied to either side because they both are ruining this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2011, 02:36 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,455,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Its their private landfill. AB1178 affects all counties, public and private waste management companies STATEWIDE. Not just Waste Connections. Plus it strengthens the level headed and balanced integrated Waste Management Act.

You obviously are missing the facts of this whole issue. AB939 1989 and subsequent amendments is the reason California is a leader in the area of Waste Recycling and Management in the Country.

Why shouldn't this company be pissed. They invested 100 million dollars of their money while playing by the rules and some idiot activist Judge comes along rewrites an illegal unconstitutional initiative to try and make it valid so they are in jeopardy of losing their investment.
That's irrelevant (and why we have land use laws). The only way trash hauling is a "growth business" is if you "import" it from somewhere else, and who wants being a Mega Garbage Dump as one of their main industries (leave that one for TX)? Besides, if Waste Connections leaves, whaddaya bet that someone else will come in to pick up the "slack" (you know, it's that 'ol "Free Market" thang)?!

Old 09-02-2011, 02:53 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
That's irrelevant (and why we have land use laws). The only way trash hauling is a "growth business" is if you "import" it from somewhere else, and who wants being a Mega Garbage Dump as one of their main industries (leave that one for TX)? Besides, if Waste Connections leaves, whaddaya bet that someone else will come in to pick up the "slack" (you know, it's that 'ol "Free Market" thang)?!
It very relevent.

This Bill does not usurp land use laws.

Measure E is not a land use law, its an anti commerce which is why it was found to be illegal and unconstitutional.

Last edited by Bulldogdad; 09-02-2011 at 03:42 PM..

Old 09-02-2011, 04:05 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,683,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Jeez with such a target rich environment we can start close to home. You can look up the info on your own since you seem to have so much time on your hands.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/calif...-democrat.html
You only missed one part, now show, with data how this fellow is trying to crash the system.

You see Bulldogdad, you folks make all sorts of unsubstantiated accusation, I would just like to see how this guy or anyone else fits donslightlydemented category.

Old 09-02-2011, 06:01 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
You only missed one part, now show, with data how this fellow is trying to crash the system.

You see Bulldogdad, you folks make all sorts of unsubstantiated accusation, I would just like to see how this guy or anyone else fits donslightlydemented category.
No need for that. This horrible Assemblyman's record speaks for itself. You can pursue that on the Internet at your leisure. Hell even his own party can't stand him, or did you not get that from the link provided. His big year long battle to disincorporate the City of Vernon for his Mafia Union Thug Cronies is a bust. His Democratic Pals handed him a big plate of defeat. Enough of this side track.

Now back to my original topic if you have any remaining comments.

BTW great picks of your little trip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California