Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2008, 12:15 PM

866 posts, read 4,271,403 times

Advertisements

As time continues to tick GM and Chrysler are running out of money, and are gettting dangerously close to going bankrupt. Is there any hope that they will not go into bankruptcy without these loans, since it appears that our AMERICAN senate and AMERICAN President does not care about the millions of people who work and live in AMERICA??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2008, 12:26 PM

8,994 posts, read 14,836,040 times

What about the American ceos who made those horrible business decisions and are at fault for their American company being in the position they are in now?

Would you want the president to hand money to every local business owner simply because they're in America and employ American citizens?

What a slippery slope!

Let The Big Jokes fail.

Old 12-13-2008, 12:32 PM

5,760 posts, read 11,597,549 times
Just too busy "fixin" Iraq.

And Afcrapistan.

And doing tax-cuts for the top-end.

And Bailing Out the Top End Banksters.

And figuring out how to pre-pardon all the criminal activities involved in all that.

Busy, busy folks, they are.

So . . . .

Don't have Oil or Money?

Burn in Hell, Detroit.

And oh, Merry Christmas and God Bless America.

Old 12-13-2008, 03:21 PM

48,493 posts, read 97,207,468 times
Werll it is a charge lead by the democrats in cogress on all baulouts so far. Nothing gets voted on without the democratic leadership bring it to the floor. On the bailout for wall street they brought it not once but twice to teh senate floor and in between gave poork>bribes to senators to get their vote changed.Obama voted for all measures when it was not known that the big 3 would lineup to get theirs. In the ned all this has to be paid for with interest as its borrowed money. That means higher taxes or less spending on programs. Remember when they use to say the deficit was a disaster waiting tio happen/ Now they are talking about borrowing 800 million more and all teh local politicans are making theree wish list;like a giant pork auction that the txa payers will have to pay one days soon.

Old 12-14-2008, 07:10 AM

3,762 posts, read 5,451,626 times
I hope they do a liquidation.

Old 12-14-2008, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip T View Post
Just too busy "fixin" Iraq.

And Afcrapistan.

And doing tax-cuts for the top-end.

And Bailing Out the Top End Banksters.

And figuring out how to pre-pardon all the criminal activities involved in all that.

Busy, busy folks, they are.

So . . . .

Don't have Oil or Money?

Burn in Hell, Detroit.

And oh, Merry Christmas and God Bless America.
WOW, this post makes me sick!

Old 12-14-2008, 09:31 AM

5,760 posts, read 11,597,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexterguy View Post
WOW, this post makes me sick!
Yeah, I hear you.

While I am mocking the present value system, I guess you kind of know it what is really going on, right?

A lifetime ago, I was from up your way. Now I am close to what may considered the Heart of Evil (Dallas), when you consider who/what is moving here, next month. Overall, I think you have brighter prospects.

Look, Dexter, while we have all watched the scum give up Trillions to the banks and the rest of the top end -- but it is going to be the dirty end of the ***** stick for you. The top end has loaded the lifeboats and planning their departure.

Not saying that is in anyway right. It clearly is not.

But we have seen this before as a nationally and worldwide observed learning example -- New Orleans after Katrina. Now, in this real world life lesson, you all are about to be in the role of the folks left at the Superdome -- Domers is what I think they called them.

In that whole lesson, I followed a couple of folks I could really respect. One guy -- a kid, actually -- he was a teenager -- Figured out that Help Was Not on the Way, and he stole a bus, loaded up it with everyone he could and drove out through the barricades and made it to Houston.

Be that kid, Dexter.

Old 12-15-2008, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip T View Post
In that whole lesson, I followed a couple of folks I could really respect. One guy -- a kid, actually -- he was a teenager -- Figured out that Help Was Not on the Way, and he stole a bus, loaded up it with everyone he could and drove out through the barricades and made it to Houston.

Be that kid, Dexter.
Sorry, but what are you suggesting, that I steal a bus, load it with people, and drive it out of Michigan?

It has not gotten that bad yet, but your post is pretty funny!!

Old 12-15-2008, 10:16 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,846,299 times
They will get money before the end of the year. The Democrats will not allow them to go bankrupt.

Old 12-16-2008, 10:52 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,824,529 times
I was reading that the Big Three employee about 250,000 and not millions.
I realize the suppliers are probably counted in there too but many suppliers have already gone out of business, declared bankruptcy or have cut back big time because no one is buying vehicles and haven't for months.

I haven't seen any breakdown of these "millions" employeed by the Big Three.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business