Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 08:06 PM

2,153 posts, read 5,536,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapture View Post
bls5555 - I sell on ebay also. How do you list something for 3 or 4 cents a month? I know some people get tricky and list items low and raise the shipping (against their rules) but I have never listed anything for 4 cents?
I also didn't understand what you said that if you have a store noone will find it? I find items all the time that are being sold by ebay stores?
You have to have a store to get the lower listing fees for buy it nows. It's been so long since I have done it (I only do auctions really) I can't really remember how to do it. They might have changed it.

Edit: When listing, instead of putting it as a buy it now, put it as a store inventory. I just did one that would list at $48.87 and it said my insertion fee would be 10 cents if I listed it. I guess the fees went up a bit since last time I did it.

If you don't pay the $15 a month or whatever for a store, your buy it nows normally cost a certain amount (say $2.00) depending on what you price the buy it now at.

If you have a "store", you can list your buy it nows for a 1 cent listing fee and then 2 or 3 cents for the gallery picture. So to list it, you don't get charged much. The final value fee you get charged takes away any savings.

It really doesn't make much difference how you do it, they just have the low inital fee for a buy it now in a store, so you can price it high and let it sit for awhile.

-------------------------------

If you list it as a buy it now in you store, you don't see it with the regular auction items.

Type in Gamecube Zelda Twilight Princess
All the regular auctions come up.
To see anything that a person has as a buy it now in their store, you have to scroll to the bottom, and click on See Additional Buy It Now items.

A LOT of people don't even know about this. Once again this is only a drawback of heavily listed items, but it is still a major drawback as most of the time your item won't even get seen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2007, 06:26 AM

4,343 posts, read 14,774,462 times
Gotcha, I misunderstood your first post. I thought you meant to do a reg. auction it's 4 cents. I didn't know that about stores & "buy it now", thanks for the info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business