Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2010, 08:57 AM

5,504 posts, read 6,250,843 times

Advertisements

I would like to work from home to make some extra money. Do any of you know of any writing or survey jobs that you can make some money that are legitimate & not scams. I just don't know how to navigate and search for Internet links to find any. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2010, 11:48 AM

1,142 posts, read 2,817,205 times
I use MySurvey.com and American Counsumer Opinion. I've been a member of both for a number of months and never had a problem. They do ask for a lot of personal information initially, but both seem to have very good privacy protections.

It takes a while to get surverys and to build up enough points or cash to get a check, though. I wouldn't count on either one of them to make anything more than pocket change.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:54 AM

433 posts, read 1,229,090 times
Best source for REAL work at home jobs!

Clark Howard: Work At Home Help on clarkhoward.com

Old 09-15-2010, 11:57 AM

3,849 posts, read 9,426,961 times
Check out www.chacha.com. You can sign up to become a guide and answer text or voicemail based questions from real consumers. I've done it for 4 months now and make an average of $150/mo. I only work a few hours a week, outside of my 40 hour-a-week normal job. If you're doing it full-time, you can make much, much more.

Contact me for more info. If you put my info in as a referral, I'll get a kickback

Old 09-15-2010, 12:14 PM

5,504 posts, read 6,250,843 times
Thank you so much for your responses, it is really appreciated. I am not looking to get rich just for some extra's and something for Christmas. I had gone to Top Paying Surveys early in the week and gave them $43 to find out that every site they sent me to, had their own criteria for making money. .20 for a 30 min. survey, put into an acct. & when you reach $30.00 they send you a check. They sent me to another site & they had their own "banking" system .32 per 60 min. survey & you had to reach $20.00. I cancelled this morning and called my credit card. I learned one thing--DO NOT give them your money, because they are not going to give you their's.

Old 09-15-2010, 12:20 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,426,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
Thank you so much for your responses, it is really appreciated. I am not looking to get rich just for some extra's and something for Christmas. I had gone to Top Paying Surveys early in the week and gave them $43 to find out that every site they sent me to, had their own criteria for making money. .20 for a 30 min. survey, put into an acct. & when you reach $30.00 they send you a check. They sent me to another site & they had their own "banking" system .32 per 60 min. survey & you had to reach $20.00. I cancelled this morning and called my credit card. I learned one thing--DO NOT give them your money, because they are not going to give you their's.
Never, EVER sign up for a money-making program wherein you have to pay them money to start. You may very well make money after a while, but it's not a good sign to start!

Old 09-15-2010, 04:43 PM

720 posts, read 3,008,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelsie View Post
I would like to work from home to make some extra money. Do any of you know of any writing or survey jobs that you can make some money that are legitimate & not scams. I just don't know how to navigate and search for Internet links to find any. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.
Don't bother with the survey stuff, I'm sure there's some legit ones out there but most I come across you take a survey that claims to be short but never ends and at the end you find out you dont get money but your entered into a costest to win $50. So I just spend 30 minutes filling this crap out for a chance to win $50...bs.

I have heard more and more companies are doing customer service type jobs where you work from home. You probably have to have wireless and a land line and they probably ship you some kind of box to hook up to the phone line that routes calls to you.

Any legit work at home job wont be easy to get though. It will be a real intereview process and not just something where everyone is accepted like the bs jobs.

I forget where I heard of legit sites but came across a few a few months back that were legit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business