Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 09:01 PM

47 posts, read 190,743 times

Advertisements

Hi, I will be traveling to Buffalo in Mid February and was just wondering if someone could tell me how much snow I can expect to encounter. I have tried looking for past snow amounts but don't seem to have any luck.
Thanks,
Marilyn
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2007, 09:30 PM

3,360 posts, read 12,274,820 times
That's a hard thing to predict. It could be six inches or six feet. This winter has been unusually mild to date. Generally the worst snow is from the end of January to mid February.

You'll have to check the weather channel or call to wherever you're staying a day or two before.

Old 01-24-2007, 10:50 PM

Thank you....I love snow but let's please hold off on the 6 feet of it
Marilyn

Old 01-24-2007, 11:00 PM

129 posts, read 251,145 times
People always stereotype that Buffalo gets 15 feet of snow dumped on it everyday, that isnt true at all. The last major blizzard happened in 1977.

Other than that we have the same weather patterns as the rest of the midwest

Old 01-25-2007, 09:27 AM

3 posts, read 11,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WV_Proud View Post
Hi, I will be traveling to Buffalo in Mid February and was just wondering if someone could tell me how much snow I can expect to encounter. I have tried looking for past snow amounts but don't seem to have any luck.
Thanks,
Marilyn
Snow is pretty light this year, only have 4" in the City, 12" down south in the ski country. Don't expect much more, but is is getting a little colder this weekend averaging 20 degrees.

Bob

Old 01-28-2007, 06:12 PM

Thanks so much to all who replied. I won't pack the snow shoes afterall
Marilyn

Old 02-11-2007, 03:06 AM

Well I will be heading for Buffalo this Friday. I have heard that there is a lot of snow in NY but I'm thinking it looks like it is above Buffalo. Anyone got any information for me as to the road conditions and snow amounts in Buffalo?

Thanks again
Marilyn

Old 02-11-2007, 06:08 AM

53 posts, read 181,515 times
Default We got dumped on!

Well, last week we got completely dumped on.... about 3' or so. It depends where in "Buffalo" you are though, like the previous poster said, some areas 6", others 6'. Can you be more specific?? In any event, pack boots, without a doubt, and whatever else you need to get pat the 10 degree temps we are dealing with!

Old 02-11-2007, 06:26 AM

Thank you twingirls2boys! I will be going to the Buffalo Convention Center at 153 Franklin Street. I REALLY appreciate any snow information you can provide. Is the city of Buffalo really good at keeping the snow off of the roads? As for the temperature it's actually colder here in WV but we don't have that snow
Marilyn

Old 02-11-2007, 09:29 PM

282 posts, read 1,264,719 times
One thing you can count on in Buffalo is the snow removal. They are probably the best, if not THE best in NYS at getting the roads cleared.

February and the beginning of March are very unpredictable months as far as snow is concerned, but the cold is more of a problem. Snow probably wouldn't amount to anymore than maybe 4-5 inches. I think Lake Erie is pretty much frozen over by now, so that cuts down on the lake effect. That's really the biggest problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
View detailed profiles of: