Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 09:48 AM

1 posts, read 4,747 times

Advertisements

Moving to Melbourne from NY...Im so CONFUSED on where to MOVE in Melbourne...Saw some rental houses in Cocoa, but Ive read dont go there !! HELP on what is bad and what is Good ..... Palm Bay, Malabar, Viera, Titusville, Merritt Island, Melbourne, Port Malabar, West Melbourne, Cocoa, Satellite Beach, NE Palm Bay, Rockledge, all places I found Rental homes.....IM SO CONFUSED..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 10:48 AM

12,017 posts, read 14,322,039 times
what are you looking for? Price range? Amenities??

Old 09-26-2012, 06:33 PM

96 posts, read 205,914 times
Having more info about you would help people make recommendations about where to look. What are you looking to spend, where do you work, kids, etc...?

Old 09-27-2012, 05:36 PM

8 posts, read 24,828 times
if anyone can lead me in the right direction, I too am relocating to the Melbourne area, but I'm not reading very good things about the area. I have visited, and loved it, but never ventured out to far from my hotel. I do not know what to do at this point, I want to rent, 2 bedroom, bath and 1/2 or 2, trying not to go over 750 on rent, want to be in the safest neighborhood possible. But again reading some things are saying to stay away from the area, SO SO SO CONFUSED AT THIS POINT. I'm coming from WI and have already started selling everything I own here to get there. Please if anyone can help, I'd appreciate it, email me at dbaginski2006@yahoo.com, as I do not know how to use this site here to well.

Old 09-28-2012, 11:35 AM

426 posts, read 1,908,955 times
Hi deenangel. We live in Melbourne and here is the MLS site where you can plug in some basic data and hunt for houses.

I know the area extremely well . You want to stay in 32904 or 32905 32907 I would not suggest 32901 .

2 bedrooms and 2 baths for 750 gives you a lot a lee way and you might even want to go beach side but again do your research .

Here is the link. Make sure you press 'rentals' or it will show you all the homes for sale.

Brevard MLS Public Site

I already populated it for rental properties . Put in minimum 550 maximum $750 .

In the 'area' field put in city 'melbourne' . Dont worry about the drop downs for different parts of melbourne or vierra or palm bay blah blah. Let them all come up .

Then you can start to find the zip codes mentioned above. I have no way to sort directly by zip code.

Happy hunting let me know if you need more help.

Old 09-28-2012, 12:20 PM

83 posts, read 175,982 times
homes.com has many listings and you can do a specific search for town and price.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:44 PM

426 posts, read 1,908,955 times
thanks for the website smallbloc. Its good !

Old 10-10-2012, 06:09 PM

481 posts, read 864,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasdavie View Post
Hi deenangel. We live in Melbourne and here is the MLS site where you can plug in some basic data and hunt for houses.

I know the area extremely well . You want to stay in 32904 or 32905 32907 I would not suggest 32901
Hold your horses there 'thomasdavie.' Why do you say this, as I am 5th generation to Melbourne/EauGallie, and my family has been here in the 32901 area since 1927 and before this in the EauGallie area since the 1800's. We have had only one car stolen and our main house broken into once, that my grandfather built in 1927. Yes, on the other side of the tracks (west side of tracks & east side of Crane Creek) down University Blvd. is the worst of the area, but they stay over there. I do not understand the animosity toward the 32901 area, as it not bad at all, and I personally know this for a fact obviously. It never turned the way it is now-a-days until everyone from everywhere (mainly from out of state) started moving here. Personally it bothers me quite a bit that people that are not even from here have such animosity toward this area of Melbourne. My 14 year old son walks one mile to Stone Middle School and has never had any issues either walking or riding, and neither did I when I went to Stone Middle School or Palm Bay High. We are also white and like I said, our family has been here in this area since the 1800's, so I truly do not think you know this area better than I or my family 'thomasdavie', so please STOP spreading all this animosity about the 32901 area. There are good people living here, and as everywhere else, there are the bad apples, especially in the rich neighborhoods.

Thank you and please stop spreading such animosity for my area of MY HOMETOWN!!!!

Old 10-11-2012, 10:51 PM

585 posts, read 1,087,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Michael View Post
... I am 5th generation to Melbourne/EauGallie, and my family has been here in the 32901 area since 1927 and before this in the EauGallie area since the 1800's. We have had only one car stolen and our main house broken into once, that my grandfather built in 1927. ...

Thank you and please stop spreading such animosity for my area of MY HOMETOWN!!!!
Sorry to hear about your misfortune, Mike.

Actually, there are many thousands of people (If you read all the stats very carefully) who have lived in the Melbourne area for many years and have never been the victims of any criminal activity.

I've lived here for a bit over a year. Admittedly, I live in an 'old farts' community, but they do let me out from time to time and the people around here are amongst the nicest, most friendly - and most honest - people I've ever met.

(I left my wallet in a store. It had money and a handful of credit cards. A customer picked it up (told the checkout guy what he was doing) ran after me and gave it back.

It must be a really crappy place if people come running after you to give you your money back!

Old 10-18-2012, 02:28 PM

4 posts, read 11,898 times
We moved to FL from NY roughly 1.5 years ago and have not yet fully adjusted. I yearn for the seasons again. But, we live in the 32907 zipcode area of Palm Bay. My children attend Lockmar Elementary which is a pretty good school. The entire space coast is not what it was back in the 2006 "boom". However, it is still safe and relatively quiet. The most "bang for your buck" is generally in Palm Bay, Melbourne has beautiful sections as well as seedy sections, Beachside is very nice with a higher price tag, Malabar is very hard to find rentals as there are many larger, more upscale homes back in the sub-divisions. I'd say do a crime report (free on Police Department websites) on the areas and find what you are most comfortable with in terms of price and environment.

Do you have children?
A job set up? If not, What field are you in?

Good Luck & I hope that you enjoy your new FL life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County