Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 11:48 AM

264 posts, read 774,500 times

Advertisements

does it matter? because my stay here is only temporary, and even knowing that, i was able to secure a position working here pretty easily. so with the freedom to choose, melbourne unfortunately would be at the very bottom of my list
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2011, 09:24 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,171,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfo.evo View Post
does it matter? because my stay here is only temporary, and even knowing that, i was able to secure a position working here pretty easily. so with the freedom to choose, melbourne unfortunately would be at the very bottom of my list
That is your choice. But you seem to be so hateful when you come on here and bash. We can discuss what we like and don't like about an area without bashing everyone and everything about the area when we are mature enough to see that there are good and bad things about any area. Thank God we all don't like the same things. As my husband once told me when I was a buyer for jewelry to resell. " Buy some things you think are ugly because not everyone likes what you like. "

Old 02-23-2011, 11:22 PM

264 posts, read 774,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
That is your choice. But you seem to be so hateful when you come on here and bash.
because i do hate it. sure there is some beauty in the location and in the simplicity of lifestyle here, but its still not persuading enough to consider it an area of primary residence for someone like myself. like i said, most long-term residents in the area are retirees and the ultra-conservative, so expect to be subject to that lifestyle or you will be highly confined.

i am obviously neither of those types of people and stating my fair and honest opinion to those who find interest. i claimed the majority of other people are losers who live in the area which is still true, but to be more fully inclusive, there absolutely are a few "all-around good people" here also, which is like finding a rare gem

Old 02-24-2011, 03:47 AM

3,977 posts, read 8,171,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfo.evo View Post
because i do hate it. sure there is some beauty in the location and in the simplicity of lifestyle here, but its still not persuading enough to consider it an area of primary residence for someone like myself. like i said, most long-term residents in the area are retirees and the ultra-conservative, so expect to be subject to that lifestyle or you will be highly confined.

i am obviously neither of those types of people and stating my fair and honest opinion to those who find interest. i claimed the majority of other people are losers who live in the area which is still true, but to be more fully inclusive, there absolutely are a few "all-around good people" here also, which is like finding a rare gem
I guess it is in the way we perceive things. I see the area as a place where there are a few bad apples but mostly a beautiful community of caring people.

Old 02-25-2011, 12:33 PM

4 posts, read 12,625 times
This review is great. I'm moving to Melbourne sometime next month and I'm flipping out trying to find a decent area to look for apartments in and your review calmed me down lol!

Old 02-26-2011, 03:16 PM

15 posts, read 42,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowpow View Post
I've lived in this area my entire life, born and raised in Brevard County so any visitors needing help or wanting advice on a location feel free to private message me and I'll give you a full review of the street your moving to and the surrounding areas , I know this area like the back of my hand due to me spending all nineteen years of my life here. Don't listen to any senior citizen posters that just moved here three years ago for retirement, listen to me! I'm here to help you.

First let me give you some information on myself:
I've lived in both Palm Bay and West Melbourne in about six different locations total, I'm a white male, community college student, handsome individual now currently living in an upper middle class community in West Melbourne.

Now let me give you some basic information on each city:

Viera
I'll start with Viera because it's probably the easiest to review. If you want an upper middle to upper class town, with good schools, squeaky clean crime rate and probably the best area to raise a family this is the town for you. I would almost go to the lengths of saying that the majority of the people living here are a bit conceited. A very nice new outdoor mall just recently opened it's doors about a year ago. Anywhere West and North (in the picture provided) from Wickham Rd is Viera and the description above.

Rockledge
I'll admit I don't know much about this part of town and have never lived here but have driven though almost all of it. People say Rockledge is more of a higher crime part of town but from what I've noticed is it's just more rundown. Sorry for the short review but that's really all I have to say about "The Rock".

West Melbourne
It's Viera but not as wealthy or conceited. It's very low in crime and has some nice schools. See map below for more details on this area - http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/3078/westmelbourne.jpg (broken link)
Anywhere from Eber Blvd north to Fell Road is upper middle class neighborhoods with zero crime, elementary schools and middle schools along Wingate Blvd and nothing really to do otherwise, this is mainly residential housing. The only place that's not upper middle class is a lower class trailer park that's located on the south west part of this map just off of Eber Blvd on the streets Buddy Drive and American Drive. Carriage Gate is a community that's cut off on the map, if you look just south of I-95 you'll see "Carri" and then the rest cut off, it continues to run along I-95, all I will say is you better have stacks of money piled up if you want to live in there. This map is outdated because Florida Ave continues to Hollywood Blvd and a new intersection is there, just a note.

Melbourne
Overall for a young adult the stories you will hear about this town are true and that is this place is not called "Melboring" for no reason.

Anywhere from Sarno Rd North (Until you run into Viera) is all used car dealerships and older homes that I would label as lower middle class, just north of Lake Washington Rd along Harbor City Blvd is a part of town I wouldn't necessarily recommend along with the south east part of this map around S Harbor City Blvd, the reason for that is there is a good amount of prostitution that goes on and that leads to other types of crimes.

Just about five streets south of the area that is labeled as Melbourne in bold lettering is downtown Melbourne, here you will find the one strip of Sports Bars, Coffee Shops and live music this town has to offer, it's my favorite part of town mainly because of Meg O Malley's Melbourne Square Mall and Andretti Thrill Park are the only real attractions this town has to offer.

Ellis Rd located on the far West part of this map (above) is all Industrial Businesses same with W Nasa Blvd which has many military related Industrial Businesses.

Anywhere East of 192 and Eau Gallie Blvd is Beach Side which is all very relaxed and nice.

Palm Bay
Anyone who says that Palm Bay is "hood" or "high in crime" could not be further from the truth. While there are some spots that are slightly questionable compared to other cities this place is very soft and very cuddly.

It's probably the most diverse part of town even though people with a Caucasian background probably still make up a good 75% of the town.

The map is 90% residential housing. Palm Bay rd and Malabar Rd NE are the only exceptions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Like I said if you have anymore question about these areas I am here to help. I can promise you I will give you the most accurate description of this area that you will find on these boards. There really is not much to say about Brevard County because it is a boring place but still like I said I'll tell you about the street/area you are moving to and could even give you a picture or video if you like. Pleas ignore any grammar or spelling mistakes made in this post
Hi, thanks for all the info, I was wondering about Badger Dr NE, in Palm Bay, my husband and I are in MN, looking at putting an offer on a home there, we have not been to the area...any thoughts...thanks

Old 02-26-2011, 03:36 PM

Default Thanks for all the info on Brevard County...

Any info would be greatly appreciated regarding life on Badger Dr NE, Palm Bay, 32905. I am from MN, looking at making an offer on a home on that street.......thanks to all.......

Old 02-27-2011, 10:53 AM

263 posts, read 889,677 times
There 8 sex offenders within 1 mile of Badger DR. NE, 2 in one place on Biance Dr, which is 2 streets over.

Call the Brevard Sheriff's Dept or the Palm Bay police Dept to see how many calls have been logged on that street recently, they can tell you if college kids receive lots of noise complaints, the neighbors are partial to domestic violence, etc.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:10 PM

Default Thanks Muggum for the reponse

I will follow up...do you live in the area?

Old 03-03-2011, 06:08 PM

1 posts, read 7,576 times
Default bowpow

my wife and i will be in the Melborne/Palm Bay area in April looking for a second home. Basically looking for a safe neighborhood close to shopping,shore ect. We have viewed many on line on our own and through real estate agencies. Palm Bay seems to have many homes in our price range. Any suggestions on North,South East or West Palm Bay or are they all pretty much the same?.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County