Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2008, 05:44 PM

1,368 posts, read 6,510,442 times

Advertisements

Look,

Maybe one of you can help dissuade my frustrationg, but personally I think our city is just a bit dumb.

Here's my short list of construction projects that should've been done at different times:

1) Duck pond remodel start what, two weeks before classes started? that made driving down 11th a REAL fun adventure if you needed to get across campus.

2) Road in front of Hapner started two weeks before classes started? Seriously?! You're going to tear up the road and take away parking and make it more difficult for girls to walk home to one of the two female halls? Not to mention, they even had the Hannon parking lot blocked off for a few days. Smart guys, just fantastic.

3) 19th and College. Need I say more?

Why didn't these three projects in particular get going over the summer? Hannon and Hapner are sparsely used over the summer by Conferencing, and I'm sure conferencing could've just used Johnstone or Langford instead. And then 19th and college? No excuse to do that 2 months into the semester. That NEEDS to be a summer project.

/rant
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 08:37 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,092,631 times
Of coarse the city is dumb ! That's why one of it's nicknames is "Bozoman" I'm just joking as always, but really stupid city planning is common everywhere. My step dad in San Diego used to turn red with anger with veins popping out all over every time he got started on how dumb the city is.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:39 AM

Apparently we're the only ones who care Rickers :P

Old 10-24-2008, 07:13 AM

6,023 posts, read 14,092,631 times
I do care but I have to watch myself. If I start caring too much then I have to increase my blood pressure medication dosage !

Old 10-24-2008, 02:23 PM

79 posts, read 442,172 times
Not nearly as bad as the bridge that was built in Mexico City that took 3 years to build. The four lane bridge first had to be torn down and the commuters had to find other routes (you've ever been to Mexico City??? That's a nightmare!). So traffic WITH the 4-lane bridge was a major KILLER, but with the bridge out of commission for 3 years, it was a hundred times as bad.

Then finally the bridge was finished. Ahh... relief! A pimped out, new 8-lane bridge (4 each way)!!! YEA! Oh, wait a second. What? The engineers didn't do their weight calcs correctly and the bridge can't handle the added vehicle weight? Yep. "We need to get some weight off of this bridge!"

Today that bridge is still operating, but as a 4-laner just like it was before they started on it! And millions of $$$$ later.

Just when you think Montana's (or other) road people are morons (I agree!), just be happy you live in the good old USA! Because it could be MUCH MUCH worse!

Old 10-24-2008, 07:38 PM

True that. Not going to argue with that assessment.

However, just because other people are worse morons, doesn't excuse Montana's idiocy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Bozeman