Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2007, 09:11 PM

9 posts, read 51,117 times

Advertisements

Boulder is clearly a dog-friendly town...evidence of that is everywhere. It's one reason we love the place.

But here's the catch. We are planning a relo there and may need to rent for awhile (say up to 6 mos) while we get settled and look for the right house. Does Boulder's general dogginess extend to there being a greater number of dog-friendly apartment rentals than one would find in other cities? It's usually awfully hard to find a decent dog-friendly apartment, but if there is anywhere on earth you'd think it would be Boulder....

True or false?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2007, 08:55 AM

4,306 posts, read 13,491,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenpicker View Post
Boulder is clearly a dog-friendly town...evidence of that is everywhere. It's one reason we love the place.

But here's the catch. We are planning a relo there and may need to rent for awhile (say up to 6 mos) while we get settled and look for the right house. Does Boulder's general dogginess extend to there being a greater number of dog-friendly apartment rentals than one would find in other cities? It's usually awfully hard to find a decent dog-friendly apartment, but if there is anywhere on earth you'd think it would be Boulder....

True or false?
I have yet to find an apartment complex that ISN'T dog-friendly in Boulder. Some have restrictions as to breeds and size of dog, that's all.

Old 06-06-2007, 10:37 AM

Wow, that's great news. My dog is jumping for joy.

Old 06-06-2007, 01:02 PM

29 posts, read 134,837 times
To Zenpicker ~

I have a dog and have been looking into relocating to the Boulder and Surrounding areas I have found that most every where I've looked except for 1 place was dog/cat friendly....

also just an fyi ... Denver was rated at the most Dog friendly city in the whole US..... and they definatly cater to the dogs.... pet friendly outside cafes where they even bring your dog water and some places treats....

Good Luck in your ventures...

Old 06-21-2007, 08:40 AM

thanks Liz - plans are continuing to develop for this move and whether we need to rent for a time in Chicago (where we now live) or in Boulder will depend on timing of selling our house here vs starting jobs and buying a house there. Based on this thread and what we know about apartments and dogs in Chicago, we're really hoping that if we have to rent for awhile it's in Boulder! It will be much more of a problem here, alas.

Old 06-21-2007, 02:38 PM

65 posts, read 216,750 times
We are also relocating to the Denver area, and my 2 dogs are probably more excited to go to dinner with us!

Old 02-11-2008, 03:45 PM

9 posts, read 131,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz1_06 View Post
To Zenpicker ~

also just an fyi ... Denver was rated at the most Dog friendly city in the whole US..... and they definatly cater to the dogs.... pet friendly outside cafes where they even bring your dog water and some places treats....

Good Luck in your ventures...
Some places actually rate Denver as the least dog friendly city in the US because of their strict and in my opinion cruel Breed Specific Legislation, so if you have any bully breed dog it's not a great city to live

Old 03-16-2009, 10:34 PM

1 posts, read 4,001 times
Smile Yup, Boulder's good for all dog owners

Just wanted to chime in here and say that Boulder is indeed very dog-friendly, and I agree that most apts seem to be quite open to having dogs. I do know of a few corporately owned complexes that don't allow them, though... But since you have so many other choices, it shouldn't be a problem to find something.

There are lots of dog services here, too...some of the best dog groomers and dog walkers in the country... I most highly recommend Greg of Leader of the Pack (<a href="http://www.packwalking.com">www.packwalking.com</a>) if you're looking for someone to walk your dog while you're busy at work or away on vacation. He walks dogs in small social groups (packs) and takes them to dog parks, hiking, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
View detailed profiles of: