Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 04:01 PM

6 posts, read 29,768 times

Advertisements

Can anybody tell me about Evergreen? Is it a sleepy little town with nothing going on? As I recall, it is very pretty there. Is it easy to get places from Evergreen? We are considering buying a home there, possibly, or in Boulder. Boulder seems more expensive with older houses. Thanks for any pros and cons you can provide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2007, 06:31 PM

11,555 posts, read 53,182,360 times
You'd be better off listing the values and interests you have re the place you want to live, so people could be of assistance.

Comparing Evergreen and Boulder is not even apples and a foreign country.

Old 01-22-2007, 08:22 PM

171 posts, read 1,052,445 times
I have lived in both places, and I must agree that they two completely different places. Evergreen has really turned into mainly a bedroom community of Denver, with majority of people commuting in to Denver. The areas range from remote larger properties to more suburban feeling neighborhoods (my opinion). Boulder is its own self sustaining community, with a very different feel and attitude than Evergreen.

Old 01-22-2007, 11:53 PM

2,762 posts, read 3,186,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy View Post
Can anybody tell me about Evergreen? Is it a sleepy little town with nothing going on? As I recall, it is very pretty there. Is it easy to get places from Evergreen? We are considering buying a home there, possibly, or in Boulder. Boulder seems more expensive with older houses. Thanks for any pros and cons you can provide.

Evergreen is mostly a bedroom community of families. There are all kinds of activities going on in Evergreen through out the year, many open space parks to enjoy and a couple good size rec centers. It is a very scenic place. It has that mountain living feel but has a good amount of eminities and is close enough to commute down the hill to down town Denver (30-60min depending on where you live in Evergreen). Like pretty much any other desirable place to live, it continuous to grow but is spread out, not to crowded and still on the smaller side. Just about every day, not including taking my kids to school, I run into people I know, stop to talk etc...... The schools are good and rate high. Housing is expensive. You will not get as much house for your money compared to living down the hill, but Evergreen has a large variety. From small cabins to huge multi million dollar estates. There is something for everyone.

We get more snow compared to Denver but they do an awesome job of plowing the roads. Since it is a smaller place, they plow just about every road in Evergreen and they are usually right on top of it. In the summer it is cooler compared to the Denver area.

People do all kinds of things for work. Commute down the hill to the Denver area, work from home, own a business/work in Evergreen.

Old 01-23-2007, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsprit View Post
You'd be better off listing the values and interests you have re the place you want to live, so people could be of assistance.

Comparing Evergreen and Boulder is not even apples and a foreign country.
Thanks for your reply. Here's some info on us:

We like living in uncrowded areas out in the countryside but not so remote that you are isolated. Having space with nice views around us is important. I like to ski, but my husband no longer is able to with his health issues. I would make great use of the rec centers esp. for fitness, any dog parks in the area, and mountain trails to hike. Politically we are middle-of-the road with liberal leanings. The environment and wildlife preservation are very important to us. We are college-educated, like theater, libraries, and just being outside.

Old 01-23-2007, 11:10 AM

Dear High Altitude - Wow, lots of helpful info on Evergreen. It sounds beautiful, and maybe just what we are looking for. I know Boulder is very much unto itself, not a Denver suburb, but it seems like you get less for your housing money there. In Evergreen, are there any areas to avoid that might not be obvious when looking for housing?

Old 01-23-2007, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clancy View Post
Dear High Altitude - Wow, lots of helpful info on Evergreen. It sounds beautiful, and maybe just what we are looking for. I know Boulder is very much unto itself, not a Denver suburb, but it seems like you get less for your housing money there. In Evergreen, are there any areas to avoid that might not be obvious when looking for housing?
There aren't any BAD areas but each area does have it's pros/cons. It's very subjective depending on what is important to you etc......

In one day you could very easily visit all the different areas of Evergreen and get a very good feel.

There is a dedicated dog park or you can go to any of the open space parks but need to keep your dog on a leash. Plenty of hiking/mountain biking in Evergreen. They also just opened a small local skiing/boarding park. www.echomtnpark.com

PM me and I will give you a link to a site that has a some good info/slide shows/pics about Evergreen. It is a realtors (I am NOT a realtor and have no interest in this business) site so I am not going to post it.

Old 01-23-2007, 06:56 PM

11,555 posts, read 53,182,360 times
I'd say you'd do a lot better in Evergreen for your interests.

Much better value for your housing buck, and good access off your doorstep for many things, plus reasonable commute to Denver for the bigger things ... theatre/arts, shopping, sporting events, etc.

Old 09-05-2007, 12:55 PM

41 posts, read 33,823 times
Is Evergreen liberal or conservative?

Old 09-05-2007, 06:40 PM

I would say it is pretty neutral. I haven't met anyone that leans to the extreme, left or right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area