Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 10:28 PM

113 posts, read 720,361 times

Advertisements

07-02-2008, 09:21 PM
[SIZE=5]Comedy[/SIZE]

27 posts, read 3,484 times

Colorado is a joke
Here is my good deed for the day...

People here are 2 faced, and for all you Coloradans its not like that everywhere. Oh and before you give me the I have lived here for so long...I have 20 years under my belt.

Look you will meet nice people here, but as soon as you turn your back they will be pulling the knives out to stab you.

The southwest side of Longmont is a joke. When I moved to Phoenix in '99 there was nothing but farmland, now there are growing subdivisions. The people out there are idiots and horrible parents. The majority of kids that go to Silvercreek are doing Meth, Cocaine, Weed, and Ex. I should know I have to test them.

Prospect does have 1 good restaurant, but its toonland and gets old pretty quick.

Oh, people love the water here, check the water reports, they have many violations.

The Rec Center here sucks. You basically workout shoulder to shoulder, while little wannabe gangbangers loiter in the lobby. In 6 years that rec center has had 5 rapes. The last rape was to a mentally challenged girl.

People only live in Longmont because they can't afford Boulder. You may think why I live here. I'll be leaving soon and making my house nice for the next sucker.

The culture in Colorado is gone, and theres nothing but yuppies who live here. They all want to be Coloradans but there not. You'll understand when you get here.

I could easily write for the next hour why or why you shouldn't live here. If your a good person with morals, goals, and drive, then don't move to Colorado. If your a yuppy, selfish, arrogant, back stabbing idiot (or a Coloradan), then move to Colorado.

Some positives are the Natural History Museum, Denver Zoo, Childrens Museum, Water World, Casa Bonita, Rocky Mountain National Park, (Not Elitches, there sell outs), Nuggets, broncos, Cool summer Nights, Estes Park are awesome.

Oh it snows here. Don't let anyone tell you different. I have snow in my front yard from October to February. We get a couple 4-12 inch snows every year and about every 2-3 years we get the 2 foot + snows.

There is not 300 days of sunshine, there is 256. You can't have 4 season climate, great skiing, with 300 days of sun. There 365 days a year, and 2 months of nasty weather out of 4 seasons doesn't add up.

Now you can ignore me if you like and move here. Please do. Because I don't want your type living where I'm moving. So if your leaving where your from then that means I don't have to live near you.

Remember theres no reason to plan for the possitive, thats what we want. But you had better be prepared for the negative.

[+] Rate this post positively

See above between the **** Thats the quote I am refering to. Not the quote in this thread.

Talk about an ignorant coloradoan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 10:59 PM

87 posts, read 416,724 times
How about we give Comedy a medal when leaves Longmont...If it's that bad for him he should leave and quit bitchin'. If he knows of a better place why isn't he gone already?

Longmont like any other town has it's pros and it's cons. I've lived in Colorado for 40 years and have been all over the world. I don't live in Longmont because I can't live in Boulder (wouldn't really want to).

Actually the more I think about it the more offended I am by Comedy's remarks...but he's welcome to his opinion. It's what makes this a great country.

Old 08-22-2008, 12:40 AM

53 posts, read 258,631 times
Default Lol

You guys are too funny, and your proving my point. I'm not the only person with these thoughts. I have recieved emails supporting what I have said. Look, I just warned you about what was going on and gave an honest opinion of what myself and others have gone through. If you havent shared that then great. I just think its funny you drag it on.

Like I said there are positives, but why plan for the positive? Everyone wants the good, but if your not prepared for the bad your going to get burned.

Here are some positives that I enjoy so that when someone does read all this and your childish slander they won't feel bad about there decission...

Longmont has some of the best 4 season weather in the country. It is 45 minutes from Rocky Mountain National Park, and Downtown Denver. Denver has one of the top Zoo's and Natural History Museums. Colorado is enriched with Western History and Indian Culture (even though it seems with every passing year people care less and less about it). Colorado offers the plains, high desert plains, the Rockies, and the Western slope. The mountains here offer some of the best casual to extreme recreation in the country and thats only 15 minutes to 3 hours or so away. Colorado also has great sport teams, but the fans are band waggon idiots(People only go to Nuggets and Rockies games when there winning. Broncos always sell out, its a culture thing), aside from Bronco fans who can be just idiots (Yeah, lets bench the 4th highest winning QB since Elway retired while on our way to the playoffs for a rookie). Trying to get a Broncos ticket is like breaking into a high security prison, thats how much we love our Broncos. The Nuggets at Big Mac hosted the first slam dunk contest. Now Denver will be watched by millions of people for the DNC.

But isn't that why people move here, is for that? So why remind them? Most threads that I read are people looking for things to be aware of like I have mentioned, or they are looking for a confirmation bias (If you don't know what that is, ask and I will tell you).

So, say what you want about me, and to everyone else PLEASE MOVE TO LONGMONT, YOU'LL LOVE IT!!!!!

Oh, by the way, who says I havent left...

Old 08-24-2008, 11:58 PM

[quote=Comedy;4320399]Here is my good deed for the day...

People here are 2 faced, and for all you Coloradans its not like that everywhere.

Look you will meet nice people here, but as soon as you turn your back they will be pulling the knives out to stab you.

The people out there are idiots and horrible parents. The majority of kids that go to Silvercreek are doing Meth, Cocaine, Weed, and Ex. I should know I have to test them.

Prospect does have 1 good restaurant, but its toonland and gets old pretty quick.

People only live in Longmont because they can't afford Boulder. I'll be leaving soon and making my house nice for the next sucker.

The culture in Colorado is gone, and theres nothing but yuppies who live here. They all want to be Coloradans but there not. You'll understand when you get here.

If your a yuppy, selfish, arrogant, back stabbing idiot (or a Coloradan), then move to Colorado.

Now you can ignore me if you like and move here. Please do. Because I don't want your type living where I'm moving. So if your leaving where your from then that means I don't have to live near you.quote]

I would say that what you have written here is very offensive to everyone who lives here and just not cool or true.

Sure there are good and bad things here and everywhere you go. Pheonix is no exception. Perhaps a more positive attitude would serve you well in life Comedy....don't let the door hit ya' on the way out!

Old 08-28-2008, 12:28 AM

Default Your Lost

I've made positive comments about Colorado, and I must say they are throwing one hell of a party for the DNC. Colorado CAN'T compare to Phoenix because there beliefs are different. Colorado has its own positives and its own negatives. What I didn't make clear, and I do apologize for it is that I am trying to make aware of those who want to move here of the negatives. Phoenix makes Longmont look like the town in Gilmore Girls. But what I have noticed when I visited the Boulder County Fair is the decline in the appreciation of 4H. That home town spirit is dieing. I'm sorry to offend you but for example when you walked into the fair it was noticeably smaller and when you went inside to visit the 4H exhibits you could see everything in 10 minutes and you were done. When I participated in 4H, it was standing room only with projects and games and representation from ALL over Boulder County. People want to move here for what we had. I don't live here anymore so sorry the door can't hit me, but when I was it was quite obvious that this was Boulders suburb, which is fine. But since your such an expert, how long have you lived in Longmont?

Old 08-28-2008, 11:32 PM

17 posts, read 89,693 times
Default More questions on Longmont neighborhoods -

Hi -
I have been seriously looking at Longmont after researching Tuscon Boise Coos Bay and a bunch more... I'm a San Diegan native but even with foreclosures it is too pricey.

My realtor in Longmont likes a neighborhood just east of Clark Centennial Park. There is a 4 br house there for 144k. Looks like a nice neighborhood.
Any thoughts on that area?

I bailed out of Riverside searches because of a lack of culture and feeling of community. Longmont seems like a nice place to raise a family and close to universities.

Would Fort Collins be worth looking into? It rates higher on Money Mags best places to live. And the houses look great on paper.

At any rate - someone mentioned West of Hover - most of Longmont is East (:

Any input on East of Clark Centennial Park ?

Thanks

PS and is it true you cant eat the fish caught around there due to high mercury levels?

JP

Old 08-30-2008, 12:49 AM

Default Funny You Ask

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrito View Post
Hi -
I have been seriously looking at Longmont after researching Tuscon Boise Coos Bay and a bunch more... I'm a San Diegan native but even with foreclosures it is too pricey.

My realtor in Longmont likes a neighborhood just east of Clark Centennial Park. There is a 4 br house there for 144k. Looks like a nice neighborhood.

I bailed out of Riverside searches because of a lack of culture and feeling of community. Longmont seems like a nice place to raise a family and close to universities.

Would Fort Collins be worth looking into? It rates higher on Money Mags best places to live. And the houses look great on paper.

Thanks

PS and is it true you cant eat the fish caught around there due to high mercury levels?

JP
The houses you speak of in that price range are crappy houses. Those houses were built in the late '70's inside what is now known as the YMCA. Most have detached garages and I have been in a few and there a dump. Sorry to anyone who owns one but the are. Try the Condos off pace and 17th. Most west of Hover are more expensive and older houses than the East side. I don't know about any Mercury levels but I would like to know.

Old 08-30-2008, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comedy View Post
I've made positive comments about Colorado, and I must say they are throwing one hell of a party for the DNC. Colorado CAN'T compare to Phoenix because there beliefs are different. Colorado has its own positives and its own negatives. What I didn't make clear, and I do apologize for it is that I am trying to make aware of those who want to move here of the negatives. Phoenix makes Longmont look like the town in Gilmore Girls. But what I have noticed when I visited the Boulder County Fair is the decline in the appreciation of 4H. That home town spirit is dieing. I'm sorry to offend you but for example when you walked into the fair it was noticeably smaller and when you went inside to visit the 4H exhibits you could see everything in 10 minutes and you were done. When I participated in 4H, it was standing room only with projects and games and representation from ALL over Boulder County. People want to move here for what we had. I don't live here anymore so sorry the door can't hit me, but when I was it was quite obvious that this was Boulders suburb, which is fine. But since your such an expert, how long have you lived in Longmont?
As I said in my other post I've been in Boulder County for 40 years. Are you even that old? I've been arond the world and have seen how a lot of different people live. Yup, Longmont is getting bigger and losing some of it's hometown feel just like the rest of the towns in the county. When I first came to Colorado the city of Longmont had a population of about 10,000 at most. And I can see that you are just trying to point out some things about the area. But, that's still no reason to insult people.

If you're living in Pheonix with all it's gangs and drugs and high crime rates and urban sprawl (yup I've been there) , why not spend your negitive energy there?

Last edited by davya; 08-30-2008 at 11:56 PM..

Old 08-30-2008, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrito View Post
Hi -

Thanks

JP
I agree with comedy about this neighborhood (although I would not call anyone's home a "dump"). There are certianly a lot of great neighborhoods in Longmont. Probably a good idea to come and look around. Personaly, I like Ft. Collins too, except that it's a bigger town.

It all depends what you're looking for and what you may see as nice. Good luck and I hope you find something that will make you happy!

Old 08-31-2008, 12:07 PM

Default Your Attacking Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by davya View Post
As I said in my other post I've been in Boulder County for 40 years. Are you even that old? I've been arond the world and have seen how a lot of different people live. Yup, Longmont is getting bigger and losing some of it's hometown feel just like the rest of the towns in the county. When I first came to Colorado the city of Longmont had a population of about 10,000 at most. And I can see that you are just trying to point out some things about the area. But, that's still no reason to insult people.

If you're living in Pheonix with all it's gangs and drugs and high crime rates and urban sprawl (yup I've been there) , why not spend your negitive energy there?
Just to point out your attacking me. I'm just pointing out the negatives and being colorful about how I describe things. Yes I have been insulting, but most people can not focus on the words I was using and weighing the pros versus the cons.

Now I would not choose Ft Collins because of its location. In longmont your centrally located where as up in Collins your not. Plus CU's campus is beutiful and CSU is not. Thats my opinion.

You can have your opinion, and when I make negative comments about the people here and you attack me what does that say? I have a pretty ballanced opinion of Longmont, but like I said before, why would I write about the positives, when its the skeletons in our closet that nobody is aware of, and I think people should be aware of.

Yes Phoenix has more crime, and drugs. Why wouldn't it, its the 5th biggest city in the country, and its 6 hours from LA. But if anyone is thinking of moving to Phoenix and does not want to be near all the crime I reccomend North Scottsdale, Fountain Hills, North Phoenix, Gilbert, Chandler, and most of Tempe. You can do everything in AZ you can do in CO, plus they throw great parties. Denver did an AWESOME job with the DNC (Hooray Obama) but those parties are annual in Phoenix. 2 diiferent lifestyles at which you can't compare.

Please enjoy the simple life Longmont has to offer because if Longmont ever reaches its potential, look out!

Also I googled Mercury in Longmont water and I found nothing, and the city website only talked about preventable measures but made no mention of actually having mercury problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Boulder area