Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2022, 04:47 PM

2,435 posts, read 1,330,947 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayei View Post
Other vaccines have decades of research behind them. The unvaccinated people I know are primarily concerned about the relative newness of the Covid vaccines.
I'd really like to believe this about people, but then many of these same people show selective fear about new things. There's almost always another reason that isn't talked about at parties, but they go with this one because it sounds plausible and safe.

If cost were not a concern, would these same people not hesitate to buy the latest and greatest car/truck/etc even though it may have some possible serious safety issues that haven't been found? My guess is no, that risk of death -- despite being higher than with this vaccine -- is perfectly fine because they look right past the risks and see the benefits. Vaccines, even the mRNA ones, are built upon foundations in science that are quite mature, and have been more thoroughly tested and vetted through trials than any new vehicle.

Nah. Anyone who thinks this may believe it, and there are grains of truth there, but I'd bet money there's an additional reason lurking in the shadows right behind it, and that reason is the one they're really primarily concerned with.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2022, 06:38 PM

2,066 posts, read 1,079,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBornMassMade View Post
Justice Geraldine Hines, a retired member of the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court, will serve as chair of the committee charged with searching for candidates who could potentially lead the nation’s oldest police force, which has effectively lacked a permanent leader for almost a year.

Other members of the panel include former Boston police commissioner Ed Davis; Bishop William E. Dickerson II, senior pastor at the Greater Love Tabernacle Church; Abrigal Forrester, the executive director of Teen Empowerment; and Jasmine Gonzales Rose, a law professor and deputy director of research and policy at Boston University’s Center for Antiracist Research.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2022/01/...ing-committee/
So two seemingly relevant panel members to justify the millions that will be spent on the “search” and three grifters to grift the said millions - sounds about right!

Old 01-06-2022, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonPanther View Post
[ I do kind of wonder what happened to my body my choice...it applies to many things but not this vaccine.
Try to go to any school without proof of MMR vaccine, then tell me if it's ever been "your body, your choice."

I choose to not allow you to shed endless virus particles onto an unwilling public. Your body, my choice.[/quote]

Agree with you on this one. Though on a different note, how are things in the most radical city run by the most radical mayor? 152 murders in a town of 160,000 is very radical indeed, black lives certainly do matter!

Old 01-06-2022, 07:42 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,265,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayei View Post
Try to go to any school without proof of MMR vaccine, then tell me if it's ever been "your body, your choice."

Other vaccines have decades of research behind them. The unvaccinated people I know are primarily concerned about the relative newness of the Covid vaccines.

Amen.

Old 01-06-2022, 07:52 PM

21,745 posts, read 12,888,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieWhitie View Post
So two seemingly relevant panel members to justify the millions that will be spent on the “search” and three grifters to grift the said millions - sounds about right!
Hines= Judicial
Davis= Law Enforcement
Dickerson= faith based policing facet
Forester= non-profit/ street worker/teen facet
Rose= Academic facet

Seems extremely balanced and logical to me. Boston Miracle happened with a three pronged approach of churches, police, community recreation/diversion programs. And a lot of the tactical strategy and findings were published by universities. As was the source of some funding for said studies.

Old 01-06-2022, 08:30 PM

23,738 posts, read 18,855,643 times
Quote:
Hines= Judicial
Davis= Law Enforcement
Dickerson= faith based policing facet
Forester= non-profit/ street worker/teen facet
Rose= Academic facet

Seems extremely balanced and logical to me. Boston Miracle happened with a three pronged approach of churches, police, community recreation/diversion programs. And a lot of the tactical strategy and findings were published by universities. As was the source of some funding for said studies.

Davis is retired Boston PD. Shouldn't there be some representation from the current department? And more particularly from the union as opposed to an administrative position? I can see why that wouldn't go over too well.

Old 01-06-2022, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Hines= irrelevant ex Judicial Activist
Davis= irrelevant ex Law Enforcement
Dickerson= grifter
Forester= grifter
Rose= grifter

Homie, Boston Miracle happened back when LM in BLM would have actually stood for “lives matter”, not “lying millionaires.” There were no farrakhendies or farrakhan-cullorses back then. And let’s be honest, anyone suggesting the Boston Miracle approach today will be immediately crucified by the said farrakhendies and farrakhan-cullorses.

Last edited by WestieWhitie; 01-06-2022 at 08:45 PM..

Old 01-06-2022, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Davis is retired Boston PD. Shouldn't there be some representation from the current department? And more particularly from the union as opposed to an administrative position? I can see why that wouldn't go over too well.
Yea they’re trying to get outside as much as possible. They want a commissioner committed to substantive reform. BPD isn’t really desired. The in-house thing doesn’t look so hot lately.

Old 01-06-2022, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestieWhitie View Post
Homie, Boston Miracle happened back when LM in BLM would have actually stood for “lives matter”, not “lying millionaires.” There were no farrakhendies or farrakhan-cullorses back then. And let’s be honest, anyone suggesting the Boston Miracle approach today will be immediately crucified by the said farrakhendies and farrakhan-cullorses.
I’d bet a limb that someone said the same thing in 1993. Yawn.

Old 01-06-2022, 08:53 PM

23,738 posts, read 18,855,643 times
Quote:
Yea they’re trying to get outside as much as possible. They want a commissioner committed to substantive reform. BPD isn’t really desired. The in-house thing doesn’t look so hot lately.

You'd thing they would give at least give 1/5 to in-house even if it's only as a gesture. What they have here looks like a big middle finger to those currently serving. It will be very hard to achieve any cooperation and meaningful reform, starting off on that note.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston