Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2014, 03:49 PM

2 posts, read 2,299 times

Advertisements

hello everyone.
I am a scholar from China and i will enjoy my life in Boston for two years. Though my spoken and listening English is rather poor. i like Boston very much as well as Boston people here. I don't want to just live in Chinese circle and I hope to have more opportunity to contact common Boston people and integrate into American life.
Could anybody help me? i can exchange language with Chinese learner.
I hope I can have some Boston friends and i will also very glad to be you tourist guide when you travel to China.
I would be very grateful if you can help me.

Please contact me if you can help me.

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-17-2014 at 08:14 AM.. Reason: do not post your email address
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2014, 04:32 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,691,870 times
I recommend staring your own meetup (meetup.com) group for people who want to trade language skills. You can do fun things related to learning the languages such as going to dinner or tea shops as part of the meetup or cultural activities to mix it up. Great way to meet some new people too.

So many English speaking people are doing business in China these days. I'm sure you would have no problem having it well attended.

Old 09-17-2014, 07:56 AM

676 posts, read 966,709 times
Meetup will be an excellent choice for you, and I also recommend joining the Boston CouchSurfing group...they're not as active as in other cities, but they do meet weekly for drinks. Lot's of cool, open people there.

Old 09-17-2014, 09:29 AM

2 posts, read 2,299 times
ok, thank you very much!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts > Boston
View detailed profiles of: