Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-09-2008, 08:25 PM

804 posts, read 2,891,485 times

Advertisements

My family and i are thinking of moving to Mountain Home because we have a free place to stay but more than likely I am going to be working Boise or the Boise area because there is not a whole lot of jobs at MTN Home except for on the base. Is the drive worth it for a free 2 bed 1 bath place? Anyone on here do that commute often or everyday and can tell me what to expect? Any ideas would be helpful thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2008, 09:09 PM

1,639 posts, read 4,706,509 times
It's about an hour, give or take, depending on the time of day and what part of Boise you're commuting to. I wouldn't want to do it, but if it financially makes sense for you're family you might want to consider it. Don't forget to account for bad weather, gas money, maintenance cost on your vehicle, and leisure time lost when making your decision.

Old 11-10-2008, 12:44 AM

1,378 posts, read 6,210,319 times
If you were to rent in Boise, you'd be looking at a cost of anywhere from $900 to $1200 a month. So if you minus gas and vehicle maintenance that will give you an estimate on how much you're saving. What you make up in dollars will cost you your time. There will be some days in the winter that won't offer favorable driving conditions. I dunno....it might be worth it. There are people who live in Boise and commute to Mtn. Home, so it can't be all that bad.

Old 07-26-2017, 10:33 AM

77 posts, read 271,865 times
There is a vanpool from Mountain Home to Boise every day. Living in Mountain Home rent free and enjoying a short air conditioned van ride to Boise is no problem at all!

Old 07-30-2017, 09:00 AM

69 posts, read 86,893 times
Right now with the way the market is....It might be worth it.. Or from Nampa-Caldwell
Houses are a lot cheaper in Mountain Home..
I know this is an old thread
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Idaho > Boise area