Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > BMW and MINI
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2008, 02:44 PM
f_m

2,289 posts, read 8,382,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtee View Post
Oh, there are definite differences. One is that it's very easy to top 90 in the BMW and not even notice. I don't know when you'd actually notice the speed. I've never gone that fast in the Honda by mistake (if ever), although it is 10 times smoother than my Wrangler was. My husband just thinks I'm insane, because I'm not head over heels in love with his BMW. I guess it takes all kinds.
Approximately 60% of CRV owners are women, and from what I understood, the new design targets that market also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2008, 03:46 PM

3,414 posts, read 7,154,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I'd have thought the differences between an SUV and a luxury-performance sedan would have been self-evident.
Maybe to people who are really into cars. But when one is compared to a brick and the other to a couch I start to wonder what I'm missing. Maybe, the analogy is easier to make then to explain to someone who knows next-to-nothing about cars. if there is anybody out there who an give me an answer without rolling their eyes- I'd be grateful. Thanks in advance.

Old 06-16-2008, 03:50 PM

16,709 posts, read 17,490,130 times
I think that your feelings are wholly understandable fjtee.

My wife prefers her car to my 5 series and that suits us both, especially as I prefer an auto box to her stick shift.

People see cars in different lights and my preferences have changed over the years. I don't drool over the latest sports cars as I might have done in the past and look to comfort and practicality more- mine is a station wagon, hers is a convertible.

Mind you when we get a lovely summer's day, as has been known in the UK, I might do a bit of negotiating!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > BMW and MINI