Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2019, 10:25 AM

346 posts, read 272,820 times

Advertisements

I imagine some people here will be interested in this. The Birmingham City Center Master Plan:

https://www.downtownbhamplan.com/upl..._112719-sm.pdf

It will be officially unveiled at an event tomorrow at the Museum of Art at 12pm.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2019, 11:16 AM

2,138 posts, read 2,238,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magiccity3 View Post
I imagine some people here will be interested in this. The Birmingham City Center Master Plan:

It will be officially unveiled at an event tomorrow at the Museum of Art at 12pm.
REV Birmingham put out a similar layout earlier this year as well...

Old 12-11-2019, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimCity2000 View Post
do we know what the improvements to the interior will be? will the capacity change, or is it mostly related to exterior / circulation / plaza area type stuff?
Legacy Arena capacity is 17,500. Even removing some seats for skybox booths and VIP seating (just saying 1000 seats removed), still the capacity will be around 16.5K or maybe the least 16K.

Old 12-11-2019, 01:17 PM

157 posts, read 157,930 times
Quote:

No privatized parking meters or enforcement?

C'mon Bham, it's 2020.

Old 12-11-2019, 02:11 PM

I suppose this page is the best for this, I use it as a catch all for different Birmingham information... Three new restaurants in works for Pizitz Food Hall:

https://www.bizjournals.com/birmingh..._news_headline

"Ashley Mac’s and Unos Tacos are bringing their dining concepts to the downtown space in 2020, and fried chicken concept Winner Winner by Jonathan Burch recently opened a stall that is a transformation of his former Alabama Biscuit stall."

I feel like the food hall has started to hit their stride recently and have a better idea of what they want long term. I'm a little meh on Ashley Mac's, because I would have preferred new concepts, but they are still a local smaller operation and I'm sure it will give even more foot traffic to the food hall. It says they are taking 1,400 sq ft. near the courtyard. I wonder if that means the Ethiopian place is out or if they are taking where Fero was?

Old 12-11-2019, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseRohr View Post

C'mon Bham, it's 2020.
So many of Bhams parking issues would be alleviated if we had competent people at BPA / better enforcement. BPA has a crazy amount of parking available in the city, but it isn't maintained well and most people don't even know about them. They need to have better maintenance and improve them. Heck, throwing some LEDs on the exterior would go a long way.

Old 12-11-2019, 02:47 PM

102 posts, read 63,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseRohr View Post

C'mon Bham, it's 2020.
Why doesn't Birmingham have the parking option technology that is in cities like Atlanta? You rarely see parking meters in Atlanta but you see the parking pay stations or where you can pay on an app on your phone as you go.

Old 12-11-2019, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BammaBoy17 View Post
Why doesn't Birmingham have the parking option technology that is in cities like Atlanta? You rarely see parking meters in Atlanta but you see the parking pay stations or where you can pay on an app on your phone as you go.
Heard Councilor O'Quinn discuss this recently. He said they are making progress on it, but how the City Ordinance was written back in the day they are required to have the option for people to pay the meters with coins. This has limited them in making a quick change, so they are looking to rewrite the ordinance.

Old 12-11-2019, 03:00 PM

477 posts, read 360,863 times
Quote:
I suppose this page is the best for this, I use it as a catch all for different Birmingham information... Three new restaurants in works for Pizitz Food Hall:

https://www.bizjournals.com/birmingh..._news_headline

"Ashley Mac’s and Unos Tacos are bringing their dining concepts to the downtown space in 2020, and fried chicken concept Winner Winner by Jonathan Burch recently opened a stall that is a transformation of his former Alabama Biscuit stall."

I feel like the food hall has started to hit their stride recently and have a better idea of what they want long term. I'm a little meh on Ashley Mac's, because I would have preferred new concepts, but they are still a local smaller operation and I'm sure it will give even more foot traffic to the food hall. It says they are taking 1,400 sq ft. near the courtyard. I wonder if that means the Ethiopian place is out or if they are taking where Fero was?
I was at the food hall yesterday. Ashley Macs is replacing the Ethiopian place. Unos Tacos is going where Waffle Works was. Another new spot, Spoon & Ladle (soups/sandwiches), is open where the original Taco place was next to Waffle Works. The former Busy Corner Cheese spot has been turned into more seating.

Hopefully they can get another sit-down restaurant open in the Fero space. I would think the Sidewalk Cinema and New Ideal Condos would help that effort.

Old 12-11-2019, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BammaBoy17 View Post
https://altoday.com/archives/23602-b...ayment-options

It's on the way...slowly, but surely
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Birmingham area