Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Birds
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 07:29 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,893,679 times

Advertisements

so my lineolated keets dna test came back so now im looking for a buddy.
ive found a green male who needs a good home, he lost his mate when a lovebird got loose and killed her, and now the guy is cutting back on his birds due to health this little guy has been left behind because everyone wants breeding pairs or handfed babies...

so im going to meet him tomorrow and assuming he looks healthy he'll be comming home.
of course he'll be quarrenteined and then SLOWLY introduced to loki and hopefully theyll become good frineds.

loki was hand fed but unfortunatly is not a fan of comming out of the cage, and without comming out i simply cant provide the interaction...so a buddy it is assuming they bond to eachother

hes a little green boy, who has no name...
my current linni is loki, but theres no norse names that realy apeal to me...
so im looking for some good ideas...

so far my 3 faves are verde, cricket and kiwi, with cricket and kiwi in the lead. linnies are quiet chirpy birds so cricket is winning lol

any ideas?
im so excited.

i spend so much time with jack and loki wants to interact with him but he could eat loki and probably would judging by his responce when hes neer loki's cage. (jack is a sever macaw) so im REALY hoping this works out....
the adoption fee is right, and aparently he was origioanlly hand raised and only 2 1/2 yrs old so he could definatly be tamed down a little with some patients...but im more interested in them being there for eachother.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2011, 08:24 PM

i think his name shall be cricket :P

Old 01-14-2011, 08:35 PM

2,540 posts, read 6,238,514 times
I love Linnies! I had a slate one named Coal. It looks like you chose a name and I'm a bit late here, but here's still a few names I came up with.

Gringo
Hulk
Jade
Kermit
Lima
Leaf
Oliver
Pickles

Old 01-14-2011, 09:04 PM

lol kermit and pickles were also on my list... :P

my current linni lokie is a slate/mauve linnie, very cute. this guy is green split to turquoise, but since i wont be breeding lol...

Old 01-14-2011, 09:36 PM

8,679 posts, read 15,288,340 times
Oh, I love "Cricket!"

Linnies are SO cute! Just chock full o' squee.

[youtube]X-vyYUzVTdQ[/youtube]
[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-vyYUzVTdQ[/URL]

And the little noises they make, ooh, I just want to kiss the whole face!

[youtube]17hWRT8831k[/youtube]
[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17hWRT8831k[/URL]

Here's hoping that everything works out and you can welcome the little fella into your flock.

Old 01-15-2011, 06:59 AM

lol, aint they stinkin cute?!
there so sweet souding, i mean loki can get loud if she hears another bird peeping (sounds like when your smoke detector batteries are dying lol) but its short lived.
they are fairly good talkers too, loki says "hi" and 'good morning" and "what ya doing" and "night" and "JACK!" and tryign to get more, its such a itny cute little voice lol.

im so excited for cricket.

Old 01-15-2011, 08:22 AM

455 posts, read 1,241,001 times
Our male birds were called Bobby and Billy.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:57 AM

well, i think ive decided on Cricket, hes a peeper lol.

i whent to meet his breeder this morning, very nice guy, Cricket was origionally hand fed, then paird up and had 3 clutches before his mate was tragically killed by a lovebird who escaped the cage .

so i met him, and after seeing that little face was sold, hes a very pretty bright green, hes not the 'normal" green phase but seems to have more yellow...and amazingly easy to handle, hes not a biter hes very calm, will let you hold him no problems...(suprising because he was a breeder)

so i brought the little guy home, got him set up in a quarrentein cage, and he imedially started peeping away, took a drink then dug into his food, this is a GREAT sign as stressed birds dont eat.

ive got a feeling hes going to fit right in without a problem LOL...

hes sooo cute, ill need to get pictures once im sure hes settled in.

Old 01-15-2011, 06:02 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,759,879 times
Oh my god, they are just too cute

Good luck with your new baby.

Old 01-15-2011, 07:02 PM

well this is cricket...please excuse the bad picture...ill get some better ones once hes realy truly settled in

and this is lokie

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Birds