Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2014, 12:12 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,120,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
Ain't that the truth. Durant had a full powered THunder team with Harden and Lebron abused him. The Thunder won the first game, and almost won Game 2, but Durant proved that he couldn't hang with the Real MVP. Durants postseason play doesnt match his regular season play. Plain and simple..
Wow you guys knocking Durant this season for something that happened what 2 years ago? You know when he was 23 and only in his 3rd season with Westbrook and harden being even more immature than they are now.

That's just silly. It's like saying Jordan didn't deserve MVP in 1996 because he retired in 1994. Just silly!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2014, 01:01 PM

4,399 posts, read 10,686,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
what makes you think bosh will not get in the hall of fame?

hes "the other guy" yes but id bet he gets in. not 1st ballot but he will get in
He's not good enough for the hall of fame in my mind. Riding lebrons coatails to 3 rings isn't enough imo.

Old 04-16-2014, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Wow you guys knocking Durant this season for something that happened what 2 years ago? You know when he was 23 and only in his 3rd season with Westbrook and harden being even more immature than they are now.

That's just silly. It's like saying Jordan didn't deserve MVP in 1996 because he retired in 1994. Just silly!
How many championships has he won since?

Old 04-16-2014, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
youre talking about 2 years and only 1 opportunity so far. in addition the topic of conversation is durant winning the mvp THIS YEAR! not who has a better career, so far.

as for how many rings, how many did lebron have at age 23?24?25? lebron made it to the finals at age 22 (a year younger than durant) and got swept, he got bullied by BRUCE BOWEN! it wasnt until he went to miami and joined with at minimum one more HOF player and IMO 2 HOF players.

this whole durant has no heart, because he lost to lebron and his HOF teammates 2 years ago is just silly. anyone who holds stuff from 2 years ago against a guy this year when it has ZERO bearing on this season are just hating to be hating.

Old 04-16-2014, 11:40 PM

Quote:
youre talking about 2 years and only 1 opportunity so far. in addition the topic of conversation is durant winning the mvp THIS YEAR! not who has a better career, so far.

as for how many rings, how many did lebron have at age 23?24?25? lebron made it to the finals at age 22 (a year younger than durant) and got swept, he got bullied by BRUCE BOWEN! it wasnt until he went to miami and joined with at minimum one more HOF player and IMO 2 HOF players.

this whole durant has no heart, because he lost to lebron and his HOF teammates 2 years ago is just silly. anyone who holds stuff from 2 years ago against a guy this year when it has ZERO bearing on this season are just hating to be hating.
I was responding to a post that said it wasn't fair for people to bring up that Durant hasn't won a championship when Lebron had a better team etc etc. On the contrary it's very fair. But I'm not sure what the point of this post really is. If you are trying to compare Durant's to Lebron's career, Lebrons is better by a wide margin.

Old 04-17-2014, 07:18 PM

Quote:
I was responding to a post that said it wasn't fair for people to bring up that Durant hasn't won a championship when Lebron had a better team etc etc. On the contrary it's very fair. But I'm not sure what the point of this post really is. If you are trying to compare Durant's to Lebron's career, Lebrons is better by a wide margin.
point is, durant is the mvp this year hands down, not even close. what happened 2 years ago means nothing. point is, lebron may have a better career so far, hes also pushing 30, while durant is what 25? at the same age, their careers are very similar.

Old 04-18-2014, 05:39 PM

3,652 posts, read 4,719,406 times
Quote:
Is Durant's window closed or something? He's 25, Lebron didn't win till he was 27. Time is very much on his side.

Old 04-20-2014, 08:03 AM

3,092 posts, read 4,980,672 times
I'll be so glad when this "LeBron Era" is over so I can enjoy basketball again.

Old 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM

266 posts, read 287,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
I think MVP can often go to the guy having the best season and not necessarily the guy you would pick first to be on your team. If GM's could pick any player for this season to win a championship, I think most would build around Lebron. However, the gap is definitely closing very quickly. It's hard to knock a guy that's putting up 32.1ppg/7.6 reb/5.6 ast while shooting nearly 51%, 40% from 3 and 87% the free throw line.
It is definitely not easy to top that all-round effort. Durant had career highs in points, rebounds, and assists this season.

Old 07-06-2014, 03:23 PM

78,646 posts, read 60,839,402 times
Quote:
How can anyone compare the two?

In fact, the thread was debunked long ago by pointing out it's a REGULAR SEASON RECORD AWARD which explains why Steve Nash has all of Kobe's MVP's on his shelf.

Anyone needing this explained to them....ask their parents first then take them to get ice-cream. It tastes good and soothes butt-hurt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball