Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2011, 10:06 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times

Advertisements

It is official spurs are THE most hated team innthe NBA. No less the FIVE threads bashing, hating on them.

Well from those of use who love the team, good luck to the spurs in the future and to those who hate all I can say is suck it, we don't care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2011, 10:13 PM

927 posts, read 1,390,478 times
F@@k the haters!!!

Old 04-29-2011, 10:28 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigas View Post
It is official spurs are THE most hated team innthe NBA.
What have you been smokin? The Spurs are hated? By who? I'm a big Lakers fan and the Spurs have dealt us a lot of pain in the past 15 years but they are not hateable at all. Classy coach, disciplined, articulate, non controversial players. Even Utah bugs me more. Seriously, I would have thought they were the most respected and likeable team.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:37 PM

7,912 posts, read 10,088,668 times
if the spurs where so respected then why are there 5 threads about how they are frauds, or from/of people so excited about the fact the spurs are losing/lost? people LOVE to see the spurs lose bottom line, most hated.

its all good, we will be back.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:46 PM

26,329 posts, read 93,761,592 times
Quote:
if the spurs where so respected then why are there 5 threads about how they are frauds, or from/of people so excited about the fact the spurs are losing/lost? people LOVE to see the spurs lose bottom line, most hated.

its all good, we will be back.
I may not have read all those threads but surely "hate" is the wrong word. I wouldn't even use "choke". Worn out, aging, long season stamina problems maybe but hate or dislike?

Maybe they're dallas people or something due to state rivalry, but I doubt very many people outside of texas hate or love the spurs that much.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:48 PM

2,327 posts, read 3,935,664 times
At least the Spurs went down swinging, so to speak. That 60-ft shot from Manu had to be the best I've ever seen.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:57 PM

2,327 posts, read 3,935,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
I may not have read all those threads but surely "hate" is the wrong word. I wouldn't even use "choke". Worn out, aging, long season stamina problems maybe but hate or dislike?

Maybe they're dallas people or something due to state rivalry, but I doubt very many people outside of texas hate or love the spurs that much.
Just go to likely any other city in the SW division plus Phoenix and ask the NBA fans about the Spurs...the dislike is there.

Old 04-29-2011, 11:29 PM

469 posts, read 970,487 times
Grizz fans don't hate em, we're very proud to have beaten such an iconic team. It's an honor. They were like Jason in those Halloween movies, scary as hell and popping back up from an impossible position to cut your throat when you thought they were done for!

Old 04-30-2011, 01:04 AM

3,652 posts, read 4,705,450 times
Quote:
It is official spurs are THE most hated team innthe NBA. No less the FIVE threads bashing, hating on them.

Well from those of use who love the team, good luck to the spurs in the future and to those who hate all I can say is suck it, we don't care.
One could perhaps argue that it must strike enough of a chord with you to create this thread, since you claim to not care.... I will clarify at this time that I personally am not a Spurs hater, I am first and foremost a fan of the game. I will agree with you that the number of Spurs threads on here are borderline excessive. If it's any consolation, I imagine there will be twice as many Lakers threads here as the playoffs progress....

I'm reminded of the conversation the other day regarding the 'lucky' Grizzlies, and it's too easy at this time to say 'told ya so' given how this series was playing out. Hell, I was making predictions about the Heat prior to this season, and I doubt they win the title this year at this point, but I'd expect a bunch of 'ha, told ya so' comments from certain individuals on this board as well. That's the way it goes, sometimes.....

So I will merely offer my congrats to you and the other Spurs fans for a great season, and your continuation as a first-class organization. No-one can take your championships, nor your winning heritage, from you.

Old 04-30-2011, 08:58 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,968 times
Whether they are the most hated or not, I sure am glad they are out of the playoffs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Basketball