Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2019, 11:00 AM

4,587 posts, read 2,601,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyccs View Post
Maybe the Yankees should tank a few seasons like the Astros did to get all those high draft picks....Aiken, Appel, Bregman, Springer, Correa, Tucker...or trade the farm for the likes of Verlander, Cole and Greinke. Nobody picked the Yankees to win it this season. Astros are the consensus favorites to win it all, although I will rooting for the Nats.

Where were you OP when your team was the pits in all of baseball? Very comical to hear an Astros fan talk trash to Yankee fans. Yankees have been relevant for a long long time. I have a gazillion things to do here in NY after the Yankees lost Saturday, you? Funny how you want to beat your chest for your success in the past 3 years. After Cole leaves for a Payday, you are left with an old Verlander and an overpaid Greinke.
The sad thing is Yanks could have had Verlander, Cole, and Greinke. The GM chose not to.

Old 10-21-2019, 11:05 AM

1,570 posts, read 911,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foamposite View Post
This is ignorant. Many people love Houston as a place to live, and it has an extremely diverse population (meaning all sorts of people enjoy it, like NYC).
It's a nice stopover point on the way to Monterrey Mx.

Old 10-21-2019, 11:06 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,945,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
The sad thing is Yanks could have had Verlander, Cole, and Greinke. The GM chose not to.
There are salary and prospects to consider when doing the trades for Verlander and Cole. Greinke had NY on his no trade list and he's not that good anymore, he's also overpaid at around $35 million a year for his pitching now.

Cole was the guy they should have gotten, but the pirates wanted Frazier and Andujar at the time. In hindsight, they should have done the deal as Andujar is expendable with the emergence of Urshela. Frazier has a nice bat, but can't field and is a clubhouse distraction. Then they settled for the Astros pu pu platter of nobodies. They were asking for a lot from the Yankees at the time. Credit the Astros and their pitching staff for getting Cole to another level than when he was in the Pirates.

Old 10-21-2019, 11:07 AM

215 posts, read 211,952 times
Quote:
Last Vigilante it's cool that you love your team. But why troll people ? How much of the play off bonus have you been promised for doing so ? Just saying sports are entertainment but that's all. Why take their victory as if was your personal one ?
Please,you know darn well how scumbag yankee fans acted in this series and all of a sudden you wanna take a pollyanna delicate high road.I thought you yankee fans in new yuck city had thick skin.I guess not so ill leave you alone sweetheart.

Old 10-21-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Maybe the Yankees should tank a few seasons like the Astros did to get all those high draft picks....Aiken, Appel, Bregman, Springer, Correa, Tucker...or trade the farm for the likes of Verlander, Cole and Greinke. Nobody picked the Yankees to win it this season. Astros are the consensus favorites to win it all, although I will rooting for the Nats.

Where were you OP when your team was the pits in all of baseball? Very comical to hear an Astros fan talk trash to Yankee fans. Yankees have been relevant for a long long time. I have a gazillion things to do here in NY after the Yankees lost Saturday, you? Funny how you want to beat your chest for your success in the past 3 years. After Cole leaves for a Payday, you are left with an old Verlander and an overpaid Greinke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastVigilante View Post
Please,you know darn well how scumbag yankee fans acted in this series and all of a sudden you wanna take a pollyanna delicate high road.I thought you yankee fans in new yuck city had thick skin.I guess not so ill leave you alone sweetheart.
I would tell any fan what I am telling you. If your issue is the bad behavior of some stupid Yankee fans, all you did is join them in their stupidity. So how much of the play off shares you getting ? I will understand if your 16'18, but if your an adult, don't know what to tell ya. Get a life seems to cliche.

Old 10-21-2019, 11:13 AM

Quote:
I would tell any fan what I am telling you. If your issue is the bad behavior of some stupid Yankee fans, all you did is join them in their stupidity. So how much of the play off shares you getting ?
What are you talking about? I am a baseball fan, it is one of my things to do at my leisure. There are good and bad fans from every franchise. If baseball isn't of interest to you, why chime in here?

Old 10-21-2019, 11:15 AM

215 posts, read 211,952 times
Quote:

Yeah actually I do have things to do like live in my big house with a big front and back yard that costs only a fraction of your cubby hole of an apartment.I can actually go for a drive and cruise down the boulevard and chill at a cool Tex/Mex or Texas BBQ restaurant that isn't surrounded by hipsters.I actually can play music in my house without my neighbors banging on my wall saying it's too loud.Oh yeah I'm also getting ready for my Astros to go to the world series!!!

Old 10-21-2019, 11:15 AM

Quote:
What are you talking about? I am a baseball fan, it is one of my things to do at my leisure. There are good and bad fans from every franchise. If baseball isn't of interest to you, why chime in here?
Talking to the OP. Not you.

Old 10-21-2019, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Yeah actually I do have things to do like live in my big house with a big front and back yard that costs only a fraction of your cubby hole of an apartment.I can actually go for a drive and cruise down the boulevard and chill at a cool Tex/Mex or Texas BBQ restaurant that isn't surrounded by hipsters.I actually can play music in my house without my neighbors banging on my wall saying it's too loud.Oh yeah I'm also getting ready for my Astros to go to the world series!!!
I live a house myself. I have all your amenities and then some. My job and the salary attached to it doesn't even exist in Houston. Foolish of you to generalize like you know me.

Have fun with the WS and getting #2. Yankees will be back, like they always have, maybe even with your ace Cole next season. I have enjoyed their 5 world series championships in my lifetime.

Old 10-21-2019, 11:17 AM

I
Quote:
Bro, and you can actually be all alone cause your immature and likely everyone thinks your obnoxious in Houston and that's why you obsesse about sports. I also have a house and can cruise my car or whatever you said. Plus, I can sell my house, get a transfer to Houston and buy two houses likes yours with the sale of my NYC property. Didn't think of that did you ?

Last edited by bxlover; 10-21-2019 at 11:26 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball