Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 07:15 AM

8,995 posts, read 17,449,425 times

Advertisements

I have mini-season tickets for the local AAA team, the Indianapolis Indians. I like going to the games, and I like to follow the team. I like it though........because I can go to a game and just relax. It is fun to be there and be outside, enjoy the game but not obsess over it. It is relaxing to me, and it does not cost a lot. If Indianapolis had an MLB team, I doubt I would go that often. I enjoy the atmosphere of going to a minor league game. I like MLB, but aside from the Detroit Tigers and Pittsburgh Pirates (the Indians parent club) I don't really follow it all that much until the playoffs. 162 games, every day, I just don't have time in my life to commit to that.

In terms of excitment, I would rank it like this:

1) MLB playoffs
2) Detroit Tigers
3) MLB playoff races the last couple weeks of the season
4) local minor league teams
5) Pittsburgh Pirates

Everything else is virtually a wash to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2014, 04:28 PM

73,443 posts, read 63,440,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
None of them, my idea of making MLB more interesting is two part:

1. As soon as a team scores a run, end of game !

2. Any team that isn't .500 or above at all-star break is done, finished stop playing and send the players home.

This would eliminate the long, boring games. There are too many teams ( 8 in each league worked for a long time) and every game is the same as the next. Baseball is getting real close to soccer for the "Most boring sport" title.
If that is how you feel, why not just shorten the season?

Old 08-05-2014, 05:59 PM

304 posts, read 328,037 times
This question is about which is more exciting, not necessarily most important. So in that regard I will go with the Little League World Series simply because that seems to mean the most to the competitors playing. Kids playing in the LLWS leave all their emotion on the field. Every at bat seems important because you know one at bat could lead to a huge inning that could end the game for one team given the 10 run rule, or could get a team that seems like they have no chance back in the game. I know that some people find the emotion of some of the kids, including the show of occasional crying or just the overall frustration and aggravation that kids don't try and hide a little unappealing, but I enjoy seeing honest reactions, rather than the contrived emotions you get at the professional or even college level.

Old 08-05-2014, 06:12 PM

11,457 posts, read 9,428,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
They are all the same. Neither is more exciting then the other.
Well, everyone is different. Different strokes...

I can't stand football or the NBA. Give me baseball anyday. I hang on every pitch and can't relate to posts and opinions like yours...

My answer to the topics question is MLB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodpete View Post
None of them, my idea of making MLB more interesting is two part:

1. As soon as a team scores a run, end of game !

2. Any team that isn't .500 or above at all-star break is done, finished stop playing and send the players home.

This would eliminate the long, boring games. There are too many teams ( 8 in each league worked for a long time) and every game is the same as the next. Baseball is getting real close to soccer for the "Most boring sport" title.
Your opinion and one I disagree with.

What are you doing on this topic or this part of City-Data anyway, trolling?

Old 08-05-2014, 07:13 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,881,718 times
1.) MLB World Series (even more so if your team is in it)
2.) LL World Series (the kids have heart)
3.) College World Series
4.) Minor League Championship

Old 08-06-2014, 06:29 PM

3,326 posts, read 8,919,022 times
It's all baseball. It's all good.

Old 11-29-2015, 06:37 PM

4,454 posts, read 3,437,109 times
I have been to four Brewer games ever and I've been to one minor league game. I was at a Wisconsin Timber Rattlers game and I can't remember who they played when I was there but I also was on the field once and I even met Lorenzo Cain, who played for them! It was pretty cool. I even ran around the bases at Miller Park once and boy that was pretty neat as my brother also ran around the bases at the time.

Old 12-02-2015, 08:47 AM

9,091 posts, read 19,348,361 times
All are great, but the WS tops all the other baseball championships.

I grew up on the Little League World Series as our local youth group would run buses down there. A lot of good times wandering on that hill or sitting in with all the Taiwan supporters .... just a completely different vibe and experience. Really good atmosphere.

While I haven't made it to Omaha yet, I would love to at some point - everyone I know who has went has had a blast and it actually works pretty decent on TV

Minor Leagues - really not that much to pay attention to, especially at some levels where you get late season disruptions from all the roster changes ......... i grew up on minor league ball and the AZ Fall League is probably my favorite baseball to go to right now, but the championships really don't mean a whole lot
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Baseball