Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2008, 01:54 PM

1,973 posts, read 6,807,568 times

Advertisements

Because I was marking my 65th, my buddies let me decide on this week's walk. We met at the York Road Giant, crossed the street to the east side and set out on Hollen Road. Just like last week, when we did Lochearn, I was struck by the great housing stock at reasonable prices. Hollen had particularly nice cottages. My favorite was one that had a huge bar visible from the street, with all kinds of bar regalia and tiki torches. Got to find out when the party is.
Since Hollen deadends, we turned onto Cedarcroft, passing 1007, a duplex which I called home for a couple of years. We then continued on Northwood, which follows the contours of Chinquapin Run Park. Stopped to look at a home for sale at 5834, a townhouse very similar to the type prevalent in Rodgers Forge. Pictures looked good, but no price quoted in leaflets outside.
From there we followed Woodbourne, crossing York Road to Homeland. We first encountered nice, relatively modest single family homes. Then the piece de resistance: Springlake Way. If you have never seen this street between Homeland Avenue and Northern Parkway, you've got to. It's one of Baltimore's nicest streets, with imposing million-dollar homes. In the middle of this is a series of spring lakes that are stocked with goldfish and ducks, and waterlilies of various colors. Incredible.
We turned to York Road at Rosebank and went to celebrate at Ryan's Daughter. A splendid walk; a splendid day with a hint of coolness in the air.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2008, 06:07 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,604,707 times
happy birthday!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore