Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2017, 08:24 PM

20 posts, read 29,287 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappjohn View Post
Carroll County school system just ended school trips to Baltimore, due to increasing violence. The democrat politicians are creating a rather dangerous situation in the city.
John Hopkins should relocate to someplace safer.
Well since Carroll County is full of so much excitement and culture, I'm sure they got plenty of places to visit so who really cares.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2017, 08:29 PM

675 posts, read 723,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesJay64 View Post
Hi all - New to the forum and new to Baltimore. I'm currently in the Mount Vernon neighborhood and my initial plan was to buy a home after a year of renting. A few months into living here, I love how beautiful the city is and think many neighborhoods have a lot to offer. Loving the walkability as well. I think Baltimore is very underrated in many aspects.

Still, the crime can't be ignored. Also I'm tired of being harassed for money >5 times a day and see many teens and residents who have a blatant disregard for the law, the environment, and absolutely everything else. I was hoping things were taking a turn for the better in the city but don't want to buy here if i would be stuck with a place I couldn't eventually rent out or sell without taking a loss a few years down the road.

All thoughts/input are appreciated!

Thanks!!
Crime is up again this year, all types. Mt Vernon is nice and they have some beautiful townhouses there. There are very few places in the city that I would feel comfortable recommending. Driving in the city is equally dangerous. Many of the younger teenagers have little respect for themselves or others. I live in what was a very nice neighborhood and have lived here for over 50 years. I do feel stuck here as the area just gets worse and I don't see the powers to be doing much about the problem other than talking about it.

Old 12-12-2017, 07:33 PM

1,114 posts, read 1,487,187 times
https://ggwash.org/view/65376/baltim...g-vacant-homes

Old 05-24-2022, 04:42 PM

59 posts, read 44,605 times
New Orleans has a higher murder rate than Baltimore, but people will still go to the French Quarter. Baltimore has good and bad areas just like everywhere else, but Baltimore area is decent to live in and raise a family. I’ve been here my whole life. No complaints.

Old 07-01-2022, 07:43 AM

1 posts, read 976 times
Personally, I think it's worth overpaying for security, even if we are talking about large amounts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore