Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2016, 05:32 PM

37 posts, read 59,741 times

Advertisements

Maryland is considered California of the East, predominantly Democrats, high tax, strict gun control and more liberal policies. I may get the job offer with similar salaries in White Marsh, MD and Sacramento, CA, with same potential for career promotion, and job security. I'm single and does not mind cold weather. I love hiking and the beaches. Which one would be better choice, financially and socially? Thank you for your comments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2016, 05:50 PM

222 posts, read 271,017 times
Both are a few hours from the beach. The cost of living will be slightly higher in Sacramento vs White Marsh. White Marsh is a suburb of Baltimore so its mostly families and such there. The night life in white marsh is pretty typical of a family oriented area, town center with a bar or two. The positive side to White Marsh is you are within a few hours of 4 major cities so you can have a change of scene a short drive to DC, Baltimore, Philadelphia, NYC.

Old 03-31-2016, 06:51 PM

Thank you for your comment.

May I ask you one more question: From Baltimore going up I-95 North, to the borderline with Delaware, which city should I buy a house for investment purpose, which will hold its value the most? Is it White Marsh, Baltimore or Bel Air?

Thank you so much!

Old 04-01-2016, 10:23 AM

1,757 posts, read 5,138,453 times
Generally the closer you are to a major hub (i.e. Baltimore) the more stable the home values. There is a lot of growth coming to White Marsh in the upcoming years (1000+ houses, new outlet mall, etc) whereas Bel Air has slowed growth a bit IMO. 95 gets very backed up in this corridor (I commute down and up it everyday) so I would go with whichever location puts you closer to your work.

IMO Bel Air is a PITA to get to and from 95. You can be on 95 in 5-10 minutes from White Marsh and it has an on/off ramp for the express lane on 95.

Old 04-01-2016, 10:43 AM

222 posts, read 271,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VADriver14 View Post
Thank you for your comment.

May I ask you one more question: From Baltimore going up I-95 North, to the borderline with Delaware, which city should I buy a house for investment purpose, which will hold its value the most? Is it White Marsh, Baltimore or Bel Air?

Thank you so much!
I would say White Marsh and Baltimore should both hold their values. Baltimore seems to be still picking up but the high property taxes makes it less attractive for me. Bel Air is a bit too far out for my tastes so i can't comment on how the property values are doing there but they seem to be fairly stable without any major loss of value in the past 10 years.

Old 04-04-2016, 06:05 PM

Thank you all for your comments. Redfin website stated that properties in White Marsh have increased over 43.4% since March last year. For Baltimore, it is 18.1%, and Bel Air is 9.2%.

As such, White Marsh gives the best investment returns. People love to live in White Marsh, more than Baltimore and Bel Air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland > Baltimore