Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2010, 03:30 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,058,570 times

Advertisements

Okay, first GM pissed me off by taking governement cheese and not going into bankruptcy and reorganize like every other company would be forced too.

Now they are insulting my intelligence by using political spin type comments in their latest commercial.

YouTube - General Motors Commercial Touting Loan Payback (FAIL!)

"A lot of Americans didn't agree with giving General Motors a second chance."

What? I don't have a problem with GM surviving...I'm pulling for it. I was against you going to the taxpayers for a freakin bailout to pay for bloated worker union salaries and gold plated pensions...when you should have filed for bankruptcy and reorganized.

Now you insult my intelligence and make it that I'm a "hater who didn't want to give GM a second chance?"

Well you can go screw GM. You pushed me into Ford (with no regrets) with the bailout, and you've just insured that I will never purchase your products again in the future without a major change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2010, 03:43 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,608,472 times
Then there's the fact that they repaid the bailout money with more bailout money. They didn't use profits to repay the loans.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:20 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,452,462 times
Default Gm

LOVED, LOVED, LOVED IT. I am from Detroit and my whole family works for GM and Ford. It is hard to see families that have suffer that have worked for this company for years. Its not just about the goverment or GM the company, its about getting American people back to work to save their houses, put food in their mouth and buy their kids clothes. Its about the renewal of the American dream.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:25 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,863,637 times
The US and Canadian governments loaned GM more than $60 billion last year. They later converted all but $8 billion into GM stock when the company went through bankruptcy. So while it is true that GM, which is presently owned by the US and Canadian governments, did repay the remaining $8 billion in outstanding debt, the tax payers are still $54 billion in the hole and the company is not yet profitable. The loans were repaid with unspent portions of the bailout they were given last year

Old 04-25-2010, 09:39 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,608,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
LOVED, LOVED, LOVED IT. I am from Detroit and my whole family works for GM and Ford. It is hard to see families that have suffer that have worked for this company for years. Its not just about the goverment or GM the company, its about getting American people back to work to save their houses, put food in their mouth and buy their kids clothes. Its about the renewal of the American dream.
So we have your family to blame for paying higher prices for cars that fall apart even before the warranty expires and completely falls apart after the warranty expires? So was the jobs bank worth the company going under? Was the lifetime pension after only 30 years of working worth it? Was receiving 95% of your wage even when not working worth the company falling? You might want to go to your local library and check out the book "Crash Course" and discover how bad your union bosses behaved leading up to this crisis.

Old 04-25-2010, 10:15 PM

10,260 posts, read 21,822,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
You might want to go to your local library and check out the book "Crash Course" and discover how bad your union bosses behaved leading up to this crisis.

Not to mention how bad the actual bosses, you know, the who guys ran the company, acted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive