Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 08:01 PM

14,561 posts, read 23,067,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
nice the inner blues brother in me always wanted to buy a used cop car
And I imagine the inner mechanic in you went berserk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2009, 08:02 PM

2,497 posts, read 7,477,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
it's only going to be sold as a cop car so boring works for it I don't think cop cars need to have 20 inch wheels massive hood scoops and racing strips
HAHAAHA!!! Yeah but imagine a cop car with all of that!

Old 10-05-2009, 08:05 PM

2,497 posts, read 7,477,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
My old 9C1...

Now see, that old tank I would roll in proudly! I'm just saying the newer GM's are getting alot of "It looks awesome!" When in actuality (er...in my mind) they are looking more bland and boring. That old 9C1 of yours has some character, it screams "I'm a bad ass cop car and I WILL catch you". The new ones looks like everything else. I'm not anti domestic, just anti-newer domestic with only a few exceptions.

Old 10-06-2009, 07:37 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,729,420 times
IMHO, Once they start showing up on the streets as cop cars, and the average joe comes looking for 'em at the dealer, GM will be able to gauge demand, and may make them available to the general public.

This may be a good business model, given how many unwanted cars are cranked off the assembly line only to sit unsold on dealer's lots, and sold at a loss at year's end. By knowing ahead of time what the demand is, they can efficiently allocate manufacturing resources to what is needed without the waste of over producing a model.

Old 10-06-2009, 07:56 AM

3,855 posts, read 13,267,811 times
As was mentioned earlier I bet the version available to the public will be called Impala instead of Caprice....if it ever becomes available. Which is why they say the Caprice will not be available to the public.

You know....this is just one forum where cars are discussed and I hear lots of you guys getting excited about the possiblity of another big RWD sedan with a V8. How many other forums out there have people saying the exact same thing as here. You would think GM would have gotten a clue a long time ago and brought back what the customers really want.

The '96 Impala SS was one of the coolest big cars they've made in a very long time....then it went away only to be replaced by a FWD car. What the hell were they thinking? I mean it couldn't even be used effectively as a cop car....and the core customers still wanted a RWD. Here's hoping they regain their senses and bring us a new Impala SS that has the same coolness factor as the G8.

Old 10-06-2009, 07:57 PM

3,051 posts, read 11,592,603 times
Besides RWD, what ever happened to family cars that could seat six? Front and rear bench seats, each with a capacity of three, used to be the norm. Now, if I want something that seats six, I either need a truck or an SUV, since the sedan segment seems to have left this possibility behind. Not everyone needs a truck or SUV. The ability to have two adults and four kids (or one adult and five kids on little league day) in one car is something that I would think would be a no-brainer for the automakers, but they seem to have missed this.

Last edited by jdavid93225; 10-06-2009 at 07:58 PM.. Reason: clarity

Old 10-06-2009, 11:20 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,228,278 times
I have wondered that too. There are very few 6-passenger sedans these days... heck, up until about the 80s, even many coupes were 6-passenger models.

I remember even in the 1990s that the Toyota Avalon was offered as a 6-passenger sedan with the optional front bench seat and column shift. I think with the 2000 redesign this went by the wayside. I remember my 2000 Toyota Tundra had the bench seat and it was a 6-passenger.

I think this Caprice should be offered as a civilian sedan to the public and offered with optional bench seat up front with column shift. Times need to change back somewhat. Clothes and styles of the 70s and 80s have came back, car designs need to as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdavid93225 View Post
Besides RWD, what ever happened to family cars that could seat six? Front and rear bench seats, each with a capacity of three, used to be the norm.

Old 10-07-2009, 11:24 AM

3,150 posts, read 8,717,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones96 View Post
As was mentioned earlier I bet the version available to the public will be called Impala instead of Caprice....if it ever becomes available. Which is why they say the Caprice will not be available to the public.

You know....this is just one forum where cars are discussed and I hear lots of you guys getting excited about the possiblity of another big RWD sedan with a V8. How many other forums out there have people saying the exact same thing as here. You would think GM would have gotten a clue a long time ago and brought back what the customers really want.

The '96 Impala SS was one of the coolest big cars they've made in a very long time....then it went away only to be replaced by a FWD car. What the hell were they thinking? I mean it couldn't even be used effectively as a cop car....and the core customers still wanted a RWD. Here's hoping they regain their senses and bring us a new Impala SS that has the same coolness factor as the G8.
There is literally a cult following for the GM B-Bodies... of which I am a follower! I think this would satisfy my hunger pretty well if made available to the public..

Old 10-07-2009, 05:19 PM

24,407 posts, read 23,065,142 times
I'm pretty much convinced GM is going to go downhill fast now under the governments control, but this vehicle caught my interest. I'd buy one in a civilian version. I wouldn't even want all the bells and whistles and gadgets not necessarily police equipment.
A slightly scaled down engine, same beefed up body and mechanicals and similar interior and I think you'd have the same cult favorite as the Impala SS of the 90s.

Old 12-18-2011, 03:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,274 times
actually car is design and made in Australia.
Holden Caprice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
also we can buy civilian version of this car....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive