Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 12:11 AM

1,742 posts, read 6,147,989 times

Advertisements

I saw this and remembered this topic. That car is just 24 inch chrome blade wheels and some Skittles decals away from being a donk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2010, 01:57 PM

8,155 posts, read 21,035,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by epitathpunk View Post
No Case in point: I had a 2006 Ram srt-10 that reportedly had 500 horsepower at the crank. It didn't feel like it, and a kid with a stock 1999 ford lightning (over 100k miles, beat to death) absolutely smoked me at the track. My times were in the mid 13's and he was in the high 12's. Granted, I had trouble hooking up but still....
LOL I know it's an old post but I've yet to find one of those STOCK Ford Lightenings that go mid 12's. More like low 14's. LOL

The SRT-10 IS a stock 12 second truck so it sounds like you can't drive and got suckerd by a guy with a well modified Lightening.

Old 04-15-2010, 02:14 PM

1,921 posts, read 4,780,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979 View Post
Not in 37 states! And I wouldn't be surprised if SNL makes fun of the (stereotypical) gays driving the Camaro's; afterall they are the politically correct minority to make fun of, and do it consistantly. Hmm...isn't it funny though, how SNL is run be Jews, but they never poke any fun at them...???
They used to do Hannukah Harry. As Jerry Seinfeld noted, it's only appropriate to make fun of one's group if you belong to that group.

Old 04-15-2010, 02:41 PM

968 posts, read 2,628,104 times
wow, this has to be the most entertaining threads i have ever read. oh yeah, i still want a new camaro. only thing keeping me from it is the 5000 over sticker when they initially came out. the idea that gay men waste gobs of money is kinda bogus, however if you see a gay guy with the latest and greatest, i guarantee he has money to go out for drinks that night. its all about smart spending.

anyone wanna go out for drinks?

Old 04-17-2010, 07:08 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,969,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbollo View Post
The new Camaro is the reason that GM is sinking below the waves. It's not that it isn't a decent vehicle, but they spent an enormous amount of resources to design and build out a production plant to build the thing, and its not much more than a niche car. It's these kinds of brain dead decisions that killed them.

It's built, BTW in Canada on an Australian platform which is funny given how much they drape it in the American flag.
I went to the auto show last week, and they had reproductions of three classic cars -- the Chevy Camaro, the Ford Mustang, and the Dodge Challenger.

Ford has done a good job with the Mustang, and Chrysler did a great job with the Challenger, capturing the feel of the original car. GM, in its usual fashion, butchered the Camaro. It looks like a cheap plastic car, a severe downgrade from the original. It sickens me that my tax money is propping up this company so that the unions can continue to be paid for bringing the company to its knees.

Old 04-18-2010, 10:24 AM

4,237 posts, read 24,801,993 times
Yesterday at a car show I saw a 1969 Camaro side by side with a 2010 Camaro and yes the 1969 wins hands down in the design department. The only thing the 2010 Camaro has going over the 1969 is the handling and the power. The 2010 Camaro in comparison to the 1969 Camaro, is taller, wider and a **** load more fuglier not to mention heavier. Hell even the window openings on the 2010 Camaro are smaller.

On that same token I've seen a 1970 Challenger paired up against the 2008 Challenger and it's the same ordeal...the 2008 was taller, wider, heavier than it's predecessor....plus they got the angle of the rear roof line all wrong on the 2008 Challenger. It needs more slope to it.

Speaking of Camaros, I raced an LT1 Camaro yesterday with a turbocharged 6 cylinder Regal and smoked him not once but twice from a 75 mph start. He didn't want a rematch on the 3rd try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive