Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 08:11 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,354,277 times

Advertisements

hmm seems they already make a hummer h1

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 01:28 AM

890 posts, read 3,704,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
So would the Chinese.
You think they care about us? Pfft. They are out to destroy this country. Screw 'em. You're a pretty miserable person. Nothing but a prissy little Californian with a bad attitude. I'd feel sorry for you but I've got better things to do with my time.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:19 AM

2,698 posts, read 12,186,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
Exactly, I remember as a child when kids would knock on your door to shovel snow or mow your lawn? There were the paper boys. Now these kids sit home and play video games eating Dorritos. The parents give them all the money they need so why work?
Same with most college kids today. They used to have to work their way thru college....landscape, bartend, work Burger King. Now? Parents pay for everything. This is why the Mexicans took over these jobs...and they work very hard. So are American kids lazy? You bet your arse they are. I started my first job at 11 babysitting and when 14 got my first part time retail job and still babysat too till I was 16. I was never without a job until now and I hate it!
Paper routes went to adults with cars when the newspaper companies realized they could get more deliveries per hour for far less money.

and the 'Mexicans' (and just to be clear, i'm assuming you're talking about illegal immigrants) didn't take the jobs because teenagers were too lazy. they took them because they are the only jobs an uneducated and non-English-speaking person can hold. and who would an employer rather hire? a teenager who inevitably can only work so many hours a week due to child labor laws or other commitments the teenager may have, or the illegal who can work whatever crazy hours you need. ask almost ANY teenager, especially in this economy, how hard it is to get a PT job. with all the competition out there, it's darn near impossible.

Mike

Old 05-17-2009, 07:32 AM

9,326 posts, read 22,035,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caution View Post
I think it is a shame that people think the government should be able to tell a business where it can produce things.
True but the gov't should not provide stimulus money to products being outsourced overseas. Let GM die if this is the case.

Old 05-17-2009, 04:41 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,672,782 times
I don't care, kids are lazy in todays world, they do not have to work. The parents spoil them all! I know I spoiled my son too.

Old 05-17-2009, 04:49 PM

24,517 posts, read 26,059,340 times
I"m glad you spoke for your self,but all kids are not lazy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive