Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2009, 03:19 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,669,912 times

Advertisements

Sometimes we pretend that we buy a particular car for practical reasons. We say that we think of a car as an appliance or a line item in a household budget. But deep down, we all know that sometimes a car chooses us for reasons we don't understand.

6 Cars on Death Row- Yahoo! Autos Article Page
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 03:51 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,605,651 times
Some of those are surprising some I am surprised they haven't been killed yet.

Old 01-21-2009, 04:26 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,651,702 times
I had read that the Honda S2000 was being replaced with the new six cylinder S3000.

Old 01-24-2009, 11:00 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,445,482 times
Worst researched car article ever...

Quote:
Lexus SC

Combine legendary Lexus (http://autos.yahoo.com/2009_lexus/ - broken link) build quality, a sumptuous passenger cabin (in Pebble Beach Edition trim, it approaches the comfort of million-dollar coachbuilt cars), and the freedom to put the top down, and you have the Lexus SC -- perhaps the most elegant convertible mass-produced today. There aren't many true luxury convertibles left, and this one is the most comfortable.

It's also the most endangered. When Lexus ends the SC's run after 2009, the automaker will be left with no convertible models. Plans for a range-topping LF are on hold, so the SC is the last Lexus drop-top, at least until the economy turns around and it makes sense to offer a luxurious top-down cruiser again.

30 seconds on the Lexus website would have informed them that there is a new convertible coming out this summer.

And also, they have no plans to kill the SC. They are refreshing it later this year.

Old 01-25-2009, 05:48 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,802,375 times
I am a bit surprised at the Viper being killed off. It seems to be a popular car with people who like cars like that and have the cash. The others I am not surprised at. Especially Hummer. Good riddance.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:00 AM

1,928 posts, read 5,172,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Sometimes we pretend that we buy a particular car for practical reasons. We say that we think of a car as an appliance or a line item in a household budget. But deep down, we all know that sometimes a car chooses us for reasons we don't understand.

6 Cars on Death Row- Yahoo! Autos Article Page
Actually, I don't look at cars as an appliance, but as an extension of myself or who I want to be. Cars are a very emotional thing with me. I almost never choose a car for practicallity, but since I'm single I don't need to worry about kids and all that stuff so I can drive anything I want, within my price range, and then some.

Yes, a car usually does choose me.

The only car I would miss on that list would be the Viper, although I probably would never own one. Any of the foreign cars, I could care less about.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:24 AM

1,763 posts, read 7,345,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferretkona View Post
I had read that the Honda S2000 was being replaced with the new six cylinder S3000.
The S2000 has been rumored to be on the block pretty-much since it came out. Honda has killed the concept next-generation NSX, and most assume if they do replace the S2000, it will be quite a while.

Honda barely updated the car in it's run, but it's a car I've always wanted.

Now that the used S2000s are coming down and the market is soft, I hope to get one this year just in case they do stop at MY 2009.

AFAIK, Honda hasn't officially stated the S2K is out, but speculation is very high.

Old 01-26-2009, 09:08 AM

2,223 posts, read 2,225,642 times
I'm not really surprised that Hummer is biting the dust. But, at the same time, it really seemed to me that the H3 was little more than a Jeep Cherokee with big tires. No small wonder that, in an era of $4 per gallon gas, it wasn't selling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive