Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 07:47 PM

7,004 posts, read 21,420,096 times

Advertisements

I was driving home with my wife from a Christmas get together with my coworkers on the 95 South. I was driving about 73 mph on the left lane which was pretty much a lot of cars besides the ones on the middle and right lanes. So this jerk on a green Ford F150 starts to get closer and closer to me until he's literaly riding on my a$$. I tried to speed up a little to try to get him off but he was right there still. I was getting mad and just kept on the left lane. I figure if I would have switched lanes he would have gone nowhere because it was pretty full. So all of a sudden he switches to the middle then to the right lane and went around the car on my right. Then cut in front of him and proceded to cut in front of me. At this point I am fvcking fuming. So he starts to slow down and flips me off. I put the high beam on him and I guess he got upset because he turned his head around to look at me and stopped in the middle of the freeway. Cars are swinging by, this a$$hole decides to make believe he was getting out of the truck. My wife is like: "Oh my God, be careful." So I was like WTF, took off my seatbelt and got out of my car to see what he was going to do (I know, that was not smart, but I was pissed off at this point) and he saw this and got back on the truck. I went back to my car and decided just to goaround him and just calm down, The f-er started to drive erranously like trying to keep me from passing him. That's when my wife picked up her phone and called 911. He must have seen the light of the phone because he took off like a bat out of hell. I gave chase to try to get the license plate number, we did and called the police. We got off the next exit and then went to Walmart (damn it).
I honestly and openly say this:

I hate Virginia drivers with all my guts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2008, 07:54 PM

3,503 posts, read 19,984,882 times
Virginia is for Lovers!!!!! It's such a shame things deteriorated to that point. At least your Ok, and nothing bad happened to either of you. I've learned to just let them go thier way and eventually they do something so stupid and narcissistic that they will learn. just do not let them learn ar your expense.

Old 12-20-2008, 07:58 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,241,180 times
Did he have a Confederate Flag back window screen?

Old 12-20-2008, 07:58 PM

188 posts, read 550,948 times
I find drivers I hate everywhere! Really, there is always some a$$hole riding my a$$. I came across a guy one time in Idaho who was going 40 mph in a 60 mph, clear, dry highway. Then when I went around him, he floored it so I couldn't pass.

You really need to do mental exercises before leaving, just to keep a clear head while driving. Somehow, you have to keep your cool and try to identify these bone-headed drivers who think they own the road. The best thing to do, is when you identify them, just pull off to the right and let them go. Save yourself the fuming anger that WILL result. There cannot be a good ending otherwise.

And to you aggressive drivers out there who are reading this...YOU CAN KISS MY A-HOLE.

Old 12-20-2008, 08:09 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,241,180 times
My sons & I used to do a sideline lawn mowing business. Nothing big, but I had a 20' trailer I'd have all the equipment on.

I don't know why, but for some reason that trailer was like a magnet. Anytime I was going down the highway, somebody would be driving about 3' behind the back of it. I have no idea why, because I'd be going highway speed.

And though I never lost anything, I sometimes wonder how humorous it might have been if I'd had a weed-trimmer fly off the trailer and clock the stupid tail-gaiter's windshield.

Old 12-20-2008, 08:43 PM

1,297 posts, read 4,789,575 times
When I was a truckdriver I was north of Indianapolis,IN going east on hwy 26 to Kokomo,In. This is a two lane road with no shoulders. I was driving a 28 ft. box truck that sat as high as a semi tractor and got behind a bunch of cars going 35 m.p.h. and could not figure out why no one would pass.

So when I had only one chance to pass and truck would go only 68 I went to pass and idiot right in front of me pulled out without looking and about hit me and I went inshallow ditch doing 60. Scared the he!! out of me.

He took off fast after he saw me and I chased him to Kokomo and called 911 and to make sure they went after him I said he was drunk and ran me off road.

Old 12-20-2008, 10:30 PM

7,004 posts, read 21,420,096 times
I wish I had a .50 caliber machine gun on my car and blow stupid drivers off the face of the earth.

Old 12-20-2008, 10:41 PM

3,743 posts, read 13,767,866 times
Sounds like another reason to travel in the right lane whenever possible. You shouldn't have escalated it either - just let faster traffic go on its way. Imagine if you had just gotten over in the first place, you wouldn't have put you and your passenger, plus other traffic, at so much risk.

Old 12-20-2008, 11:10 PM

6,987 posts, read 22,043,081 times
I have been using my left foot for the brake pedal on (automatic trannys) for decades. If I am going at a good speed in the fast lane and need to change lanes to the right for someone coming upon my tail, will do so with no problem if possibe. At times traffic is heavy and difficult to change so if the person is rideing me I put my left foot on the brake pedal enough to activate the stop lite...generally they will brake quickly from quick reaction. If this does not make a difference then I slowly decrease my speed to where the cars in the other lanes are passing me on the right and this dims*** is still behind me. He will eventually change lanes and give me a dirty look going by. Nobody but nobody rides my tail ever again the second time. If they ever hit me in the rear, its their fault according to the law. Steve

Old 12-20-2008, 11:19 PM
kbg

223 posts, read 349,057 times
Yeah, dial 911 thats what all bad-asses do when they are pissed-off! I'm sure he saw you dialing and run for his life? This is just another example of weak-kneed justification.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive