Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 09:48 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,708,698 times

Advertisements

After weighing most factors, I think I am going with the Camry. The Accord is a bit more of a drivers car - low seating position, smaller (sloped) glass with less visibility and somewhat more of a sports feel.

I do like the styling of the Honda a bit better but the passenger seat does not adjust upwards...and that is a killer!

Trimp levels and options in the Toyota are somewhat confusing with their Entune stuff. I think if you want Sirius and the safety package (Blind Spot, etc.) you have to end up (value wise) at the top of the line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2018, 06:44 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,101,113 times
You might want to go with the Camry. The Accord is the second most stolen car, behind the Civic.

Old 09-21-2018, 11:40 AM

1,652 posts, read 2,553,871 times
If you want a stick shift, the Accord is the only choice.

I like the interior of the Honda better, and the exterior of the Toyota. But neither is great looking imo.

For me personally, I keep my cars a long time, so I'd lean Toyota for the naturally aspirated engines and conventional automatics. I'd expect them to be more trouble free long term than the small turbos and CVT's in the Honda.

I actually think the new Camry LE Hybrid would be a winner for us as a replacement for our 2010 Prius.

Old 09-21-2018, 11:52 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,383,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
You might want to go with the Camry. The Accord is the second most stolen car, behind the Civic.
Well, Camrys are also high on the theft rate as well. It's number 5 on the list....

In any case, the risk may be more so when the car gets older and becomes a target for parts. Generally mass market models are more at risk than those which are less popular.

Old 09-22-2018, 09:38 AM

10,261 posts, read 21,792,931 times
Last week I rented a Camry SE from Avis and drove it from San Antonio to Chicago and back. The car was very capable—comfortable, nice ride, good mileage, good pick up.

Old 01-06-2019, 12:58 AM

196 posts, read 183,470 times
The accord is better but both cars have become ugly with their current generation imho. The Accord has a nicer interior but I’m not crazy about the exterior styling, the rear taillights are especially ugly.

The 9th generation Accord is still the best Honda ever and had very elegant styling.

The 4th generation Camry was the best gen for that vehicle, I still admire them to this day

Old 01-06-2019, 11:42 AM

680 posts, read 538,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinco Ranch View Post
The accord is better but both cars have become ugly with their current generation imho. The Accord has a nicer interior but I’m not crazy about the exterior styling, the rear taillights are especially ugly.

The 9th generation Accord is still the best Honda ever and had very elegant styling.

The 4th generation Camry was the best gen for that vehicle, I still admire them to this day
I test drove a new Accord Touring. The interior was impressive. Touchscreen was clear and responsive. Seats were comfortable. The new Accord has wheel resonators, which make for a quiet ride. Traffic sign recognition worked well. The exterior looks good from certain angles. The LED headlights were excellent. The turn radius was not as good compared to my 17' Civic, nor was it as "fun" to drive. But to be fair, it is larger, obviously. It's more of a mature sedan for those long road trips. I don't think long term reliability is an issue with the DI turbos as long as you're using top tier fuel.

I've never drove the new Camry. I think the styling has improved this generation. The only issue I've heard of is with the automatic transmission. Some owners on their forums complained the car would shift roughly. They need to be fixed or updated, and I'm sure Toyota will fix the issue.

Old 02-14-2019, 08:38 AM

9,699 posts, read 9,449,970 times
Love the Accord, but Honda please stop with the boomerang tail lights. They cheapen the look of the car.

Old 02-18-2019, 02:03 PM

686 posts, read 809,617 times
New camry every time. I’d take it in the XSE model, and pearl white with the red leather. The new Camry feels and rides like a much higher quality vehicle than the accord

Old 02-18-2019, 02:09 PM

531 posts, read 454,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinco Ranch View Post

I liked the squared-off ones from 1990. I think that's the 2nd generation. Does the Cressida count as the 1st generation?

I'm going to buy a new car this year, but the Darth-Vader-helmet look rules out both Honda and Toyota. Have you ever crashed a Camry? All that plastic just goes flying. Bends the frame members, too, making the car a write-off.

The Camry transmission has always been rough. Keeps going, though.

Last edited by Ed Ferris; 02-18-2019 at 02:11 PM.. Reason: adding more opinions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive