Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2016, 04:33 PM

2 posts, read 1,235 times

Advertisements

Hey guys,
I have an infiniti 30, year 2000 model. When I turn on the Air conditioner, First the car starts to vibrate more, then I hear a rattling sound as if something is hitting against something else. I took it to Firestone Autorepair today for an inspection, they told me that the radiator fan has to be changed. I am a little puzzled about it. And they are asking me $540 for the fan replacement, I felt it was a rip-off.
Can anyone please suggest me something?

My Vehicle specification

ODO - 120,000 miles (It is actually slightly lesser than this)
Year - 2000
Make - Infiniti
Model - I30

Recent services

Frequent Oil changes, Tire change a year ago, suspension replacement six month ago, fuel system cleaning and spark plug replacement 3 months ago, serpentine belt change and engine air filter change.

I would like to add that my car runs smooth otherwise, no problem.

Someone plse help, I can't spend a lot on this car anymore, need a cheap fix. Already spent a fortune on it, am just a student. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2016, 04:42 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,521,768 times
Uh......the fans for your car are about $100.

Old 02-09-2016, 04:46 PM

2 posts, read 1,235 times
Yea that I have checked, but I wanna be sure if that can be the real problem. Am not sure how to find a good mechanic who doesn't rip me off for parts or labor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive