Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 04:34 PM

5,771 posts, read 16,580,637 times

Advertisements

Since when,,,and who's idea was it to let cops have anything the slightest to do with cars and driving? Cops have enough of their own things to do without bothering us, thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2015, 05:34 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,361,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklynnetman View Post
I have been driving for 5 months if that helps.
LOL. It just confirms that you might seriously be concerned.

Don't stress it. Be more observant in the future. If you could just get a ticket from someone calling in, my ex would have hundreds by now. LOL.

Old 06-29-2015, 07:52 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,761,776 times
No, you'll not get a ticket.

Old 06-29-2015, 07:54 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,006,115 times
If it makes you feel better most all drivers have made some
mistakes along the way & survived...

Old 06-29-2015, 08:04 PM

3,046 posts, read 4,123,342 times
Chill out only ticket you get in mail is red lite camera, not going wrong way for bait, even if there was a op present they most likely I'll just give you a warning your just a newbie driver and have allot to learn that they don't teach you in drivers Ed.

Old 06-29-2015, 10:53 PM

6,769 posts, read 5,482,840 times
Brooklynnetman:

When you are a new driver {even when you are an experienced driver} you are likely to make mistakes.

Chances are you are OK. The driver probably DIDN'T bother to get your plates and unless you hit or are on camera, He/she won't have any proof you did anything wrong. HE/She was JUST THOROUGHLY annoyed with you is all!

Except as noted, at stop lights/signs where there are cameras to catch run-throughs, it is highly unlikely you will get a ticket in the mail.

However, IF you are REALLY bothered by ALL THIS, TELL your parents and GET IT OVER WITH.

Then you won't have to tear your hair out over it!

Old 06-30-2015, 07:14 AM

820 posts, read 971,757 times
Thanks everyone. I was pretty pissed at myself on Sunday when it happened and I was embarrassed if front of the gas station employees and all the other drivers that saw me. I had pulled up the wrong direction to the gas tank and driven on the wrong side of the road from the exit to the entrance of the station, so it was pretty humiliating. Plus it's not like it was a quiet one way street. It was a busy downtown street with stores, restaurants, gas stations, traffic lights, etc, which made it even more dangerous. However I am perfectly over it now, as it was a couple of days ago, and I'm not mentioning it to the parents at all.

Old 06-30-2015, 09:01 AM

15,427 posts, read 25,799,414 times
Quote:
Thanks everyone. I was pretty pissed at myself on Sunday when it happened and I was embarrassed if front of the gas station employees and all the other drivers that saw me. I had pulled up the wrong direction to the gas tank and driven on the wrong side of the road from the exit to the entrance of the station, so it was pretty humiliating. Plus it's not like it was a quiet one way street. It was a busy downtown street with stores, restaurants, gas stations, traffic lights, etc, which made it even more dangerous. However I am perfectly over it now, as it was a couple of days ago, and I'm not mentioning it to the parents at all.
Just don't do it again and you're good to go.

Old 06-30-2015, 10:43 AM

8,046 posts, read 28,467,288 times
My mom once did something stupid while driving as a teenager and didn't tell her parents about it. One of her siblings found out and blackmailed her for months. My mom finally decided it was easier to fess up to her parents. If you live in a small town, where word might get back to any family member, it is best to just fess up now, because they will likely find out.

I've turned the wrong way down a one way street once, immediately realized all the parked cars were pointed toward me and pulled over. Only did that once. I've run a stop sign at a rail crossing, because I was so busy looking for a train that I missed the sign. Drivers do stupid things. Learn from them and don't do them again.

In general, honesty is the best policy anyway. Being honest and telling your parents may be rough in the short run, as you may lose driving privileges temporarily, but if your parents are normal people, they will respect you for telling them, and treat it as a learning opportunity.

I'd tell them and point out that you learned how important it is to pay close attention before you put your foot on the gas or turn the wheel, and to always be aware of your surroundings.

Old 06-30-2015, 03:00 PM

2,048 posts, read 2,154,866 times
Quote:
Guys the main thing I'm worried about is either the driver of the car coming in the opposite direction that beeped at me memorized my license plate and is going to report me or another witness will report me.
I don't think they issue traffic citations based on citizen accounts. This is coming off as really paranoid.

Edit: Oh, hahaha. I get it. You're literally a new driver. (When you said "probationary" the first time, I thought you were an adult with a DUI history). Don't worry kid, that's not how tickets work. Relax and just be careful out there.

Edit: And no, you're right not to tell your parents. You made a mistake, it scared you, you learned from it. That's enough. That's part of becoming an independent adult, and you're doing fine. Maybe in 10 years you'll tell them and you all can laugh about it.

Last edited by Mimidae; 06-30-2015 at 03:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive