Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 08:58 PM

599 posts, read 662,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlanderfil View Post
Perhaps if you addressed any of my counter-points instead of getting your panties in a bunch, we'd have a much more productive conversation. Who the hell do you think you are to lecture others on their tone when you aren't capable of forming a coherent sentence?Again, I challenge you to point out any fallacies in my facts. To this point, you have done nothing of the kind. And your insistence on characterizing instead of addressing the facts isn't doing you any favors.
your counterpoints were merely you trying to excuse your mistakes with explanations of your derision and judgement of someone in a precarious situation! your flippancy was uncalled for and made the calling-out of your ignorance all the more necessary!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2014, 09:05 PM

5,681 posts, read 5,234,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by niedo View Post
your counterpoints were merely you trying to excuse your mistakes with explanations of your derision and judgement of someone in a precarious situation! your flippancy was uncalled for and made the calling-out of your ignorance all the more necessary!
And, once again, blah blah blah, vacuous gas bag, blah blah blah. You haven't pointed out one factual problem in my post, nor have you called out any of my "ignorance" with a single concrete example. The fact that you don't seem to find it necessary to read any of the explanations posted only underscores the fact that you would rather listen to your own self-righteous drivel as opposed to, well, facts. Although I am beginning to doubt you know the meaning of the word seeing as how you keep referring to them, but are entirely unable to point any out.

She put herself in that precarious situation. Whether out of need or stupidity - she hasn't told us that. I am not going to coddle someone who isn't intelligent enough not to realize she's being fleeced. Nor am I making "excuses" for anything. I stand behind my words 100% and am capable of reasonably explaining what they mean. You aren't capable of anything but highly opinionated, yet contextually vacant gibberish.

Once again, large disclaimer for niedo and her ilk: if the OP was faced with a dire emergency, none of the above stated applies. Boldfaced in case you need help reading it.

Old 02-19-2014, 09:28 PM

Quote:
And, once again, blah blah blah, vacuous gas bag, blah blah blah. You haven't pointed out one factual problem in my post, nor have you called out any of my "ignorance" with a single concrete example. The fact that you don't seem to find it necessary to read any of the explanations posted only underscores the fact that you would rather listen to your own self-righteous drivel as opposed to, well, facts. Although I am beginning to doubt you know the meaning of the word seeing as how you keep referring to them, but are entirely unable to point any out.

She put herself in that precarious situation. Whether out of need or stupidity - she hasn't told us that. I am not going to coddle someone who isn't intelligent enough not to realize she's being fleeced. Nor am I making "excuses" for anything. I stand behind my words 100% and am capable of reasonably explaining what they mean. You aren't capable of anything but highly opinionated, yet contextually vacant gibberish.

Once again, large disclaimer for niedo and her ilk: if the OP was faced with a dire emergency, none of the above stated applies. Boldfaced in case you need help reading it.
at least you're learning!

next time; don't be so judgmental in the first place! it was rather shameful on your part, as you have no idea what the OP's situation was or is!

and at least if you're going to act like a prick, be a precise prick and offer some meaningful advice

Old 02-19-2014, 09:33 PM

Quote:
at least you're learning!
I'm learning what, exactly? I put the same disclaimer into my very first post which, once again, you neglected to read.
Quote:
next time; don't be so judgmental in the first place! it was rather shameful on your part, as you have no idea what the OP's situation was or is!
Next time, instruct your grandchildren about what they should or shouldn't do. I'll be as judgmental as I damned well please in a situation that calls for it. As I have no idea what the OP's situation was or is, I saw it fit to disclaim my opinion. That's about as nice as the situation calls for.
Quote:
and at least if you're going to act like a prick, be a precise prick and offer some meaningful advice
And if you're going to call people names, you better have something meaningful to say. I actually offered advice to the OP about seeing a personal finance counselor. What advice have you contributed?

Otherwise, isn't it way past your bedtime?

Old 02-19-2014, 09:43 PM

now you're lying. you made no such disclaimer!

not that it would make your judgmental attitude, of someone you clearly think is below your station, correct in the first place.

again, if you act like a prick, then expect to be called out for it!

Old 02-19-2014, 09:45 PM

Quote:
now you're lying. you made no such disclaimer!
Oh, really, now? Let's see:
Quote:
In the event this is a real post, I would ask the following questions:

- Why did you let a title lease balloon up to $9K of interest alone and, indeed, why did you take out that lease in the first place? It won't help the current issue but perhaps (unless it was a life-and-death emergency that forced you to do so) it might help you re-evaluate your future decisions.
Like I said, if you're not going to read, don't write. Otherwise you lose any and all credibility. Not that you had any in the first place.
Quote:
not that it would make your judgmental attitude, of someone you clearly think is below your station, correct in the first place.
Blah blah blah.
Quote:
again, if you act like a prick, then expect to be called out for it!
Blah blah blah.

Old 02-20-2014, 10:20 AM

16,287 posts, read 32,505,867 times
Here is what I do.

Cut any exspenses. Cut the cable if you have one. Stop eating out. Stop buying junk food. No soda, no beer, no smoking. All that stuff ends. Do not buy anything extra. Only spend money on living exspenses. Pack lunches from now on.

You can only cut your exspenses so far. Eventually you just need to make more money. If there are two of you, each should be working. One of you should be working two jobs. At this point even if the second job only pays minumum wage just take it. If you have teen age kids, they should be working as well. If you can not find work then find other ways to make money. Do side work for others. Mow lawns, recycle cans. What ever it takes.

Take 1/3 of your new income and save it. Place it in a saving account or somewhere that you won't be tempted to use it.

The other money, from what you saved and what you are earning is to go toward paying off your debt. When all of your debts are paid off, and it will happen quicker than you know it, then reasign where the money goes.

Continue to place 1/3 in savings.

1/3 will be placed in another savings fund, for example to replace your warn out car.

take the last 1/3 and have get your cable back, or what ever you want.

Old 02-22-2014, 03:37 PM

1,123 posts, read 3,128,825 times
Hey you two clowns: stop hijacking the thread and take your squabble to a private message!

Old 02-22-2014, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_reino View Post
Hey you two clowns: stop hijacking the thread and take your squabble to a private message!
Hey, you, one clown - get lost. In case you can't tell, the "squabble" is over and has been for a few days. But thank you for playing moderator when it has all blown over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive