Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2013, 05:15 PM

161 posts, read 634,931 times

Advertisements

ford pickup seems to be popular by rich people interesting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2013, 05:34 PM

2,715 posts, read 11,931,254 times
Millionaires drive BMWs. Billionaires drive BMW M series. This is a fact.

Old 01-10-2013, 05:39 PM

3,565 posts, read 7,999,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokeman View Post
A lot of wealthy people are of the country persuasion or otherwise stick to their blue collar roots. Some people will write them off as rednecks or whatever with no idea.

Old 01-10-2013, 06:07 PM

4,472 posts, read 17,724,681 times
Quote:
The Ford F-150 is the best selling vehicle in 22 of the 50 states, and the best selling vehicle in the United States as a whole. What's the most popular car in your state? - MSN Autos

Wealthy people in the Midwest, the Southeast, and the Southwest tend to favor larger vehicles simply as a matter-of-fact. If you're living in West Texas or rural Iowa, chances are a pickup truck is going to be much more useful than a BMW.

I believe the last time I checked, the F-150 was offered in 9 different trim packages, of which 2/3 of them start at over $30K for a base price and run well past the $50K mark. I'd much rather spend $50K on an F-150 than a comparable BMW or Mercedes with less room and less utility.

Old 01-10-2013, 06:18 PM

so what is most popular suv then range rover? or I think chevorlet suburban

Old 01-10-2013, 06:27 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,273,605 times
Other than my boss that owns my company (that consists of 105 supermarkets locally), I dont know anyone rich. I have an aunt on dads side and uncle on moms side that may make $100K-120K per year (each), but that is it and no one else in my family even close. lol.

I do have a first cousin that purchased a brand 2013 Mercedes GL450 SUV ($82,000), but it was from her husbands life insurance money. I dont personally know of anyone else with a vehicle that $$$$$. LOL.

I drive a Mercedes, Cadillac and Lincoln, but all are around 20 years old. I also have two classic cars and a brand new Honda (but I won the Honda in a contest). lol.

Old 01-10-2013, 06:31 PM

Yeah I know one family that has a Mercedes benz gl suv looks new and a jeep Cherokee looks new model. There house was bought for around 800,000 and guy is a dentist and the wife works at the family dentist office idk how they afford that? I know dentist makes good money but they must be in debt.

Old 01-10-2013, 06:47 PM

7,305 posts, read 28,273,605 times
Quote:
Yeah I know one family that has a Mercedes benz gl suv looks new and a jeep Cherokee looks new model. There house was bought for around 800,000 and guy is a dentist and the wife works at the family dentist office idk how they afford that? I know dentist makes good money but they must be in debt.
Oh yeah, $800K is alot of house! I think my "rich" aunt I call her, lol, house was around $450K when they bought it.. well they had it built in a subdivision 5 years ago. She is an RN and her husband is a computer tech. They are in debt with the house, lol. Cars paid for, they have 4 cars, a '99 Mercedes ML320, '93 Mercedes 300SE and a '05 Mercedes C-Class - oh and a '98 Acura CL... all their cars are paid for though.

Old 01-10-2013, 11:29 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,211,138 times
It depends on the person. I live in a very small city outside of Detroit, many here are very wealthy, and houses can go into the millions which is extremely high for MI, but BMWs, Mercedes, and other "status cars," are few and far between, most drive all the usual brands of cars you would see in a middle class neighborhood, and feel no need to show their wealth through what they drive. In my city ostentatious displays of wealth are not respected, homes and cars tend to be nice and very well maintained, but not flashy or showy. There is another city of similar wealth a few miles away where almost everyone drives BMWs, Mercedes, or any car that they think makes the look wealthy, I hate even going there, the people are so obnoxious.

Not all wealthy people are the same, people have different values and a differing need to show off wealth. Where I live people are about their families, and showing community spirit, community events, especially for charity are very important to those who live here, status cars feel tacky and wrong here. In other wealthy communities people compete with each other in trying to show their wealth, I could never stand living in a place like that, but others love that kind of thing.

Last edited by detshen; 01-10-2013 at 11:55 PM..

Old 01-11-2013, 02:56 AM

9 posts, read 26,999 times
I drive with my Callaway Razr X Black. Does having a black driver mean I am rich? Maybe not....but I play golf, I must be rich!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive