Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 07:47 AM

1 posts, read 5,074 times

Advertisements

I have a 2013 Cadillac SUV. It has 81,000 thousand miles. I took it to CarMax to consider for a trade-in on a vehicle I saw at their dealership. While they took it to the back to appraise it, I spoke with the sale person. Well, they did not offer me enough, so I went to another dealership to see what they will offer. Well, they offered more and said that they could give me more if my grille was not broken. I was like,,,,What? I was like my grille is not broken! Surely, it was broken and gone. I was like this was not like this when I took it to CarMax. So, I called CarMax and headed back to their dealership. While on the phone the sale person advised me that they the appraiser broke the grille and accidently ran over it as well as placed the grille in the back of your trunk. Furious! I told them I am in route back to your location and I want to the see the general manager. Once I arrived, I was informed the GM was not there (out until Tuesday), but the store manager was onsite. He came out and instantly apologizing and etc..... I told him this was unacceptable and I want this corrected. I also told him this is like a hit and run! He was like we will repair it. I was like really..... you broke my grille, did not once tell me while at your location what took place and put the damaged piece in my trunk and let me drive off like nothing was wrong with my vehicle!!!! I was like I want to address this matte with the GM and I want it worked in my favor. Can you believe this!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What shall I do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2015, 10:51 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appraisal Gone Wrong View Post
What shall I do?
Follow up on their promise to rectify the problem.

Am I missing something here?

Old 11-23-2015, 09:14 AM

1 posts, read 4,832 times
Our brand new Toyota was damaged at the dealership while being serviced. Fortunately we had a camera in the vehicle that captured the whole accident. We had proof of how the damage happened, how bad it was and who was at fault. The car is being repaired and they gave us a loaner. Keep in mind that the car loses value after an accident and they should be accountable for that loss of value. The car has to be in perfect condition as it was before I took it to the dealership for service. It is a 2015 model. Everything has to go in writing, including a warranty on the repairs, should anything fails after the repairs.

My advice: Install a camera in your vehicle! it's worth it. And make them accountable for the damage, it shouldn't happen at the dealership. I would expect a damage at the Disney's parking lot, not at the dealership, where employees should be careful and respectful of their customer's property.

Old 11-23-2015, 09:19 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
I would say at least 50% of the time I have taken my car to a dealership for maintenance or repair work, something happens to the car. Mercedes dealership, Toyota dealership, Ford dealership, Chevy dealership...I think the only place I didn't notice something was the Cadillac dealership...

It can be anything from a stain on light leather/suede/cloth to microscratch swirlies on the trunk from toweling the car off to a dented rear-view mirror to fluid leaking behind my radio display from overzealous squirting of cleaner to stickers put on haphazardly to stuff being stolen to blah blah blah blah.

It's insanely annoying and why I hate having any work done on my cars ever.

Old 11-23-2015, 09:21 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,332,595 times
It's just sad this day and age that you have to walk around your car and take pictures/video of it every time you leave it with someone to take care of.

Old 12-22-2015, 05:03 PM

1 posts, read 4,762 times
my local used car dealer, screamed at me for not buying my last car from him, while I was dropping off my husband's car for repair. Then that 2-4 hour repair took two weeks, and we noticed the headlight was new...then we realized our NRA stickers were off the windshield, then I took it to a body shop who confirmed their was fresh paint on the bumper. So they had a pretty major accident and lied to us about it. We confronted them a few months later when the front of the car fell apart on the road. We found out it was the worst repair job ever, nails and bondo and paint, scratches all over the underbody.

The are trying to blame it on the shop that did the alignment (that they took it too, unknown to us), but we know they are lying. Now, they agreed to fix it but won't return our calls, I have approximately 1600 in damage from them. I'm just so mad, I'll never trust them or feel like my car is right again. It drives horrible now.

Old 12-22-2015, 06:35 PM

568 posts, read 2,419,072 times
My parents have an '09 Impala SS. They took it to the dealer they bought it from for an oil change one day. I live two houses down from them and when I came home from work that day, I noticed the car was parked in the driveway instead of in the carport. I could see from my house that the rear of the car was sitting higher than it should be and that the wheel looked fishy. I walked down and looked at it and the rear was about an inch high and the toe angle of the rear wheels were way off. My dad said that driving the car home was nearly impossible and that it was super squirrelly and hard to control. He called the dealership and they said it had to have been an existing issue. Right!

I climbed under the car and looked and you could see where the genius lube tech figured the rear swaybar would be a suitable support to lift the car. The swaybar was bent all to hell on both sides of the car and you could see the fresh scuff marks left by the lift. I took some pics of the swaybar and had them printed out for my dad. He took the car to the dealer. They tried to argue with him until he pulled out the pictures. They changed their tune pretty quickly. Brand new rear swaybar. No more questions asked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive