Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Car?
Ford Fiesta 12 37.50%
Honda Fit 11 34.38%
Hyundai Elantra Touring 4 12.50%
Kia Rio5 0 0%
Scion xB 4 12.50%
Toyota Matrix 1 3.13%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 02:43 AM

890 posts, read 3,700,250 times

Advertisements

Of these small hatchbacks or wagons, which would you choose? All these vehicles retail starting around $15,000, get 30 mpg or higher on the highway and offer more interior room than they might appear.

Ford Fiesta
Small Hatchbacks/Wagons-ford-fiesta_2011_800x600_wallpaper_01.jpg

Honda Fit
Small Hatchbacks/Wagons-honda-fit_sport_2009_800x600_wallpaper_07.jpg

Hyundai Elantra Touring
Small Hatchbacks/Wagons-hyundai-elantra_touring_2009_800x600_wallpaper_05.jpg

Kia Rio5
Small Hatchbacks/Wagons-kia-rio5_2006_800x600_wallpaper_02.jpg

Scion xB
Small Hatchbacks/Wagons-scion-xb_2008_800x600_wallpaper_03.jpg

Toyota Matrix
Small Hatchbacks/Wagons-toyota-matrix_2009_800x600_wallpaper_08.jpg
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 06:59 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,332,413 times
The Fit, Scion and Matrix.

Old 06-10-2010, 07:28 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,678,860 times
I would generally say the Fit. Fantastic little car. Not only efficient, but fun to drive also. However, the new Fiesta is getting stellar reviews, so I wouldn't discount it until I could drive one and see what it was all about.

Old 06-10-2010, 07:31 AM

2,698 posts, read 12,170,887 times
The xB really wouldn't be Scion's most direct competition for the rest of those B-segment vehicles. The xD would probably be a better comparison.

FWIW, I really like the Fiesta. Just wish I could fit. The Honda would be my second choice.

Mike

Old 06-10-2010, 07:35 AM

968 posts, read 2,623,845 times
out of the selection you gave, the fiesta peaks my interst the most. that would be the first car i would test drive. and i agree with NJGOAT, the fit felt great on the road when i was test driving it.

the hyundai elantra is backed by hyundai, so, that makes it quite high on my list. but i feel that hyundai and kia have to bring those two cars up to the styling of their new cars.

For hyundai, style it in the same universe as sonata, and genesis coupe, and for kia, style it near the forte or the new tucson. i would love to see those new design languages in a small hatchback/wagon.

Old 06-10-2010, 01:52 PM

890 posts, read 3,700,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyslo View Post
The xB really wouldn't be Scion's most direct competition for the rest of those B-segment vehicles. The xD would probably be a better comparison.
Yeah I went back and forth between those two models. Looks like I chose the wrong one.

Old 06-10-2010, 09:25 PM

1,710 posts, read 4,131,815 times
The Elantra Touring is a nice sized car, at a good price with Hyundai reliability. All the cars are great, except maybe the Ford fiesta which is still an unknown, but the Elanta Touring is just right.

Old 06-12-2010, 08:12 PM

9,131 posts, read 20,004,714 times
I am intrigued by the Fiesta the most, but cannot ignore the positive comments everyone seems to give the Honda Fit. I have never driven one, but I think it is worth a look anyway.

The danger with the Fiesta is the unknown as has been mentioned. It is not an all new design, as it is being sold in Europe. However, I believe the US market car is being built in Mexico, not where the Euro market cars are built. I am also sure Ford did some de-contenting since small hatches can be sold for more across the pond. The Euro version is well respected, but it is hard to say for the US version. The ones I saw at the Detroit Auto Show this year did look promising.

Old 06-12-2010, 08:50 PM

1,710 posts, read 4,131,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkered24 View Post
I am intrigued by the Fiesta the most, but cannot ignore the positive comments everyone seems to give the Honda Fit. I have never driven one, but I think it is worth a look anyway.

The danger with the Fiesta is the unknown as has been mentioned. It is not an all new design, as it is being sold in Europe. However, I believe the US market car is being built in Mexico, not where the Euro market cars are built. I am also sure Ford did some de-contenting since small hatches can be sold for more across the pond. The Euro version is well respected, but it is hard to say for the US version. The ones I saw at the Detroit Auto Show this year did look promising.
I think Mexican production is a PLUS! The Fusion is built in Mexico, and is Ford's most reliable vehicle. I would NEVER own a UAW built Detroit car, but i certainly would consider a Mexican built fusion or Fiesta!

Old 06-13-2010, 12:02 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,310,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by outafocus View Post
I think Mexican production is a PLUS! The Fusion is built in Mexico, and is Ford's most reliable vehicle. I would NEVER own a UAW built Detroit car, but i certainly would consider a Mexican built fusion or Fiesta!
I would say the F150 is one of fords most reliable vehicles a base 2WD stadard tranny V6 no power anything truck will last forever on basic maintenance and proper tune-ups.

also so you think N/A outmakers should close all american auto manufactoring plants and lay off all of it's UAW workers to outsource to other countries?

yeah that would be great for the economy to unemploy 500,000 auto workers with families to support.. great idea

also those $30 an hour and up union wages help keep other people in business because they can afford to get renovations done on their homes buy new cars they also get extended medical and dental and can afford to send their kids to better schools and college to get an better education and if they plan right it afford them the opportunity to retire someday and live a comfortable middle class life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive