Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Number of races Carl Edwards is Suspended from.
0 12 80.00%
1 0 0%
2 3 20.00%
3 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 04:27 PM

9,897 posts, read 10,845,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentuckydad95 View Post
I knew that the decision NASCAR made to let they drivers race and police themselves this season was a bunch of bull. So Edwards caused a car to flip. Them's the breaks. If NASCAR does ANYTHING to Edwards, it's back to the sanitized racing that is killing the sport.
Not true , you can let them beat and bang, and trade paint but you cant let some psycho, go out 150 laps down and deliberately wreck a guy for an earlier incident that was his own fault. Letting them race ,doesn't negate right and wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2010, 04:32 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,913,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Not true , you can let them beat and bang, and trade paint but you cant let some psycho, go out 150 laps down and deliberately wreck a guy for an earlier incident that was his own fault. Letting them race ,doesn't negate right and wrong.
So "getting back" at a driver wasn't part of this sports past? Hell, you see it weekly at dirt tracks across the nation. Sorry, but that's part of it. If you hit someone, expect them to hit you back at some point. If NASCAR had their way, they would have a 10-foot rule, meaning you can't get within 10 feet of another vehicle at all times. Don't think that is not coming.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:06 PM

12,572 posts, read 15,591,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyofnorth View Post
I agree with stripes17 Then of course we will hear about it for the next several races when the media interviews during the races. Carl did not go out to flip the guy. As a fan who goes to the races I will not wear a pillow around me to protect myself from harm. ( can not go around in life saying oh that could of hurt me or a fan or so on)
Sports any can be harmful and the people in charge make it as safe as they can.We as fan of anything knows just in life nothing is safe . But, mentally you can not have that fear or your life will be boring and or just sit at home and wait for your time to go.
This proves Edwards is stupid. He knows these cars will take flight when turned around and the speed on the straights at Atlanta & many other of the 1.5 & 2.0 mile ovals are as fast if not faster than the plate tracks. He experienced this first hand & I'm sure heard about the other incidents last year. This isn't a short track where worse case scenario would have meant the #12 backed into a wall.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:45 PM

Quote:
So "getting back" at a driver wasn't part of this sports past? Hell, you see it weekly at dirt tracks across the nation. Sorry, but that's part of it. If you hit someone, expect them to hit you back at some point. If NASCAR had their way, they would have a 10-foot rule, meaning you can't get within 10 feet of another vehicle at all times. Don't think that is not coming.
A few years ago at a local track a couple of drivers got into it on the track and the tensions spilled into the pits where the crew of one team jumped the driver and beat him so severely that he was hospitalized. Charges were brought against those who committed the assault. All because booger eating morons think this is an acceptable part of the sport.
Judging from your comments about this season so far I'm guessing had you been in attendance at this particular track you would have chalked it up as a great day.
What really boggles the mind is those of you who support this "self policing" policy fail to realize nearly every other sport you watch has referees. Somebody needs to enforce the rules & protect the athletes because they are not always capable of policing themselves.

Old 03-09-2010, 07:17 AM

9,897 posts, read 10,845,168 times
Quote:
Again "getting back' at someone is one thing, when you look at the video it is obvious Edwards had nothing to get back for except his own stupidity...........THAT is where nascar, should say you were being an idiot and now you will be parked for a race.

Old 03-09-2010, 10:40 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,268,103 times
Mike Helton just announced that Carl Edwards will be put on probation for the next 3 races. Currently live on nascar.com

Old 03-09-2010, 12:48 PM

319 posts, read 635,425 times
Well, I'm guessing we haven't seen the last incident beteen Edwards and Keselowski this year.

Old 03-09-2010, 03:02 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,913,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milwaukeeproud View Post
Well, I'm guessing we haven't seen the last incident beteen Edwards and Keselowski this year.
I'm guessing you have. They won't do anymore to each other, unless it's small here and there.

NASCAR did the right thing. The are sending the message that the drivers can police themselves. Hell, I wouldn't have even given him probation. If someone get's hurt...oh well. Each and every driver out there assumes a huge risk just by showing up and racing.

BTW, how many drivers have ever died in NASCAR by at the hands of another driver trying to wreck them intentionally?

Old 03-09-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
I'm guessing you have. They won't do anymore to each other, unless it's small here and there.

NASCAR did the right thing. The are sending the message that the drivers can police themselves. Hell, I wouldn't have even given him probation. If someone get's hurt...oh well. Each and every driver out there assumes a huge risk just by showing up and racing.

BTW, how many drivers have ever died in NASCAR by at the hands of another driver trying to wreck them intentionally?
And by saying this; "Each and every driver out there assumes a huge risk just by showing up and racing." you are basically condoning a free-for-all. So by your reasoning:
Driver A is spun out by driver B. Driver A gets tires, speeds down pit road rams into the car of driver B, but that's okay because "Each and every driver out there assumes a huge risk just by showing up and racing."

You arrive on the job at a high rise consruction site and discover no safety equipment on site, not even hard hats. When you inquire of this you are told "Each and every worker out there assumes a huge risk just by showing up and working."

You are on a dream cruise and notice there aren't not any life vests or rafts. When you enquire of this you are told "Each and every passenger out there assumes a huge risk just by showing up and boarding."
Your user title is self describing.

Old 03-09-2010, 04:16 PM

36,460 posts, read 16,068,224 times
Like one of the drivers said, you can't give them leeway one day and take it away the next day. They are standing by their original rules from January. It was so blatant though. Kevin Harvick wants all his fine $$ back!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing