Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2009, 10:47 PM

140 posts, read 323,014 times

Advertisements

How come the driver that has won the most races this year -Kyle Busch, whether you like him or not- is not even able to make the top 12 in the so called Chase (another dumb idea BTW).

I mean don't get me wrong, I enjoy the races, esp the short tracks like tonight's, and also understand rewarding consistency but there's something seriously wrong with the math the folks at Nascar are using. No racing entity in the world is so backwards, as a matter of fact winning is heavily rewarded. It sucks big donkey balls b/c they are basically taking one of the best -and entertaining- drivers out of it with 10 races to go and almost throwing away the bulk of the work of the season by somewhat leveling the field pointswise (why??!!). I guess I had to vent, last yr was the same crap, no wonder JJ has won the last 3 Cups. Awful, boring zzzzz.

BTW, speaking of dumb, why are there so many Jr fans for crying out loud??!! He sucks, I understand b/c his dad was a legend in every aspect but really this guy blames everyone but himself despite the fact he's racing for arguably the best team. I felt bad for his crew chief when he got the axe, last time I checked he still sucked after the firing.

Old 09-13-2009, 03:05 AM

7,076 posts, read 12,345,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Giorgio View Post
BTW, speaking of dumb, why are there so many Jr fans for crying out loud??!! He sucks, I understand b/c his dad was a legend in every aspect but really this guy blames everyone but himself despite the fact he's racing for arguably the best team. I felt bad for his crew chief when he got the axe, last time I checked he still sucked after the firing.
Maybe he has been drowning his sorrows down the Whisky River.

Old 09-13-2009, 05:34 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,170,124 times
I would like to see points awarded for place of finish numericaly. One through 43.
Throw out the CHASE bs. Throw out the most laps led or a lap led points bs.
Award 1 point for finishing first. Award 43 points for finishing last.
The driver with the lowest amount of points in a season is the champ.
And I hate the 35 car automatic qualifiying points system. I don't care if you are first in points. It should be you have to qualify every week to make a race. I don't care what they did last week or for the season. If they screw up and don't qualify for this weeks race, THEY DONT RUN.
The big money teams are getting rewarded for what they have done in the past.
Make them earn their position EVERY WEEK.
I am not a Pouty Busch fan. I am really surprised he didn't wreck Vickers when he had the chance to take him out and gain enough spots to make the chase. I have give to him credit for that.
I've been a huge Nascar fan for over 30 years.
What they are putting on now is, who has the most sponser money to advertise.
I would like to see performance instead of Big Names rewarded.
Run what you brung. If Childress, Gibbs, or any of the other big name owners has cars that has a problem and don't qualify for a race they shouldn't run that week I don't care what their point standing is.
It is getting too commercialized. pasturized, and homogonized. (sp?)
Get back to basics.
That is what made the sport.
Lack of basics is what is ruining it.
And Nascar definitely ain't what it used to be.
It is too Hollywood now.
But it's like everything else these days. Money and names are king.
Nascar should be like NHRA.
If John Force don't qualify this week, HE DON'T RACE. Even if his name is John Force.
Do it, or go home.

Old 09-13-2009, 05:42 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,615,476 times
I agree, NASCAR is dumb.

Old 09-13-2009, 06:04 AM

30 posts, read 81,646 times
Last night's race was pretty exciting to me, Mark the Kid Martin got into the chase and has a shot at the championship one more time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing