Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 05:36 PM

113 posts, read 498,203 times

Advertisements

Enjoyed the race. Great last turn of the last lap of the last race in 2008!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2008, 07:57 AM

68,437 posts, read 54,954,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2theUS View Post
He and his team mate Trulli were the only drivers on dry tyres it would be like driving on ice and going up hill would have made it even more difficult he didn't let Lewis pass if he had gone any faster he would have shot off the track without no traction.

Great race though by Massa and congrats to Hamiltion it was close which made it better roll on next season.

I just hope they don't screw up the rules too much next year. I'm not a fan of the move towards spec cars, common ECUs, rev limits, possible common engine, etc.

I'd like to see technology and experimentation allowed once again in F1

Old 11-06-2008, 10:43 AM

318 posts, read 937,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I just hope they don't screw up the rules too much next year. I'm not a fan of the move towards spec cars, common ECUs, rev limits, possible common engine, etc.

I'd like to see technology and experimentation allowed once again in F1
I agree hopefully it wont but the slick tyres and aerodynamic changes will cause some problems I reckon at the beginning of the season with the cars unreliable due to getting used to the new changes. I think it could benefit Honda and Force India as they have been preparing for the 2009 season rather than concentrating on 2008 season same with BMW roll on 2009.

Old 11-07-2008, 09:14 AM

Quote:
I agree hopefully it wont but the slick tyres and aerodynamic changes will cause some problems I reckon at the beginning of the season with the cars unreliable due to getting used to the new changes. I think it could benefit Honda and Force India as they have been preparing for the 2009 season rather than concentrating on 2008 season same with BMW roll on 2009.

HONDA could certainly use a boost, I doubt both Toro Rosso and Red Bull scoring more points sits well with HONDA's bean counters.

Old 11-07-2008, 11:14 AM

Quote:
HONDA could certainly use a boost, I doubt both Toro Rosso and Red Bull scoring more points sits well with HONDA's bean counters.
Too right they could, Jenson Button is a good driver and he seemed very disapointed with Honda this season but hopefully they can catch the middle pack or be closer for 09.

Old 11-07-2008, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Too right they could, Jenson Button is a good driver and he seemed very disapointed with Honda this season but hopefully they can catch the middle pack or be closer for 09.

Considering both the length and $$$ of their and Toyota'a involvement I'd think there must be pressure for consistent podium finishes.

Old 11-13-2008, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Considering both the length and $$$ of their and Toyota'a involvement I'd think there must be pressure for consistent podium finishes.
Well I would love to see more from them both teams have talented drivers plus it would make F1 all the more interesting having more teams battling it out for a podium.

Old 12-05-2008, 07:51 PM
JL

8,535 posts, read 14,651,057 times
F1 rules!! Lewis is awesome!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing