Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2008, 08:20 AM

1 posts, read 2,220 times

Advertisements

The 28-year-old Finn, the defending Formula One champion, is currently fourth in the overall standings, 19 points behind leader Lewis Hamilton of McLaren with five races to go.Felipe Massa is also contracted to Ferrari until 2010. That would seem to end any chance of Fernando Alonso joining Ferrari from Renault in 2010 after he said earlier this week that it was a possibility
Massa, who has won five races to his teammate's two this year, is currently 17 points ahead of Raikkonen with five races remaining and likely to be in a position soon to demand that the Finn support his title challenge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2008, 06:54 PM

1,643 posts, read 4,434,404 times
I was kinda hoping Vettel would get a Ferrari seat in the future.

Old 09-19-2008, 02:38 PM

318 posts, read 934,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
I was kinda hoping Vettel would get a Ferrari seat in the future.
Vettel would have been a good fit at Ferrari but he had the chance to go to McClarren before but was blocked by his current team so that was a shame.

Old 09-20-2008, 08:41 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,368,826 times
As a Ferrari fan I'm a bit disappointed. While I think Kimi has loads of natural talent he just seems to lack the focus to use that talent 100% of the time.

Old 09-22-2008, 04:03 PM

318 posts, read 934,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
As a Ferrari fan I'm a bit disappointed. While I think Kimi has loads of natural talent he just seems to lack the focus to use that talent 100% of the time.
Kimi wasn't happy with the set up of his car mid season and since then just hasn't had the confidence if you notice he has been braking much earlier than you would usually see but he still has the speed but he doesn't turn it on until the end of the race from the last few races he has set the fastest lap times always too late and far down the field he will have to say goodbye to his title this year.

Old 09-27-2008, 10:42 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,368,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UK2theUS View Post
Kimi wasn't happy with the set up of his car mid season and since then just hasn't had the confidence if you notice he has been braking much earlier than you would usually see but he still has the speed but he doesn't turn it on until the end of the race from the last few races he has set the fastest lap times always too late and far down the field he will have to say goodbye to his title this year.

The truly great drivers always seem to find a way around inferior equipment. As in when Schumacher's Benetton was stuck in one gear and he still finished 2nd? 3rd?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Auto Racing